Hubpages Success Stories #1 featuring Don Balderas
HubPages Success Stories is a series that this hubber, travel_man1971 wants to start this summer of 2011.
Spending a year of continuous hubbing and participating in almost all the programs of HubPages can be both exciting and tiresome. Exciting because you'll get to know a lot of prolific hubbers from around the world that can teach you how to hub through their works and comments of positive persuasion. Tiresome, because you'll be glued on your chair and be oblivious of the time, hunger unnoticed while participating on many aspects of this virtual writing community.
To make a career on HubPages can be rewarding because some success stories, include some hubbers where their hubs are:
- published as books
- made into a movie
- made as documentary program by local television stations
And it started as you join this friendly-writing haven called HubPages.
An invitation he couldn't resist
Sir Don, that's what this hubber call this educator-achiever-writer rolled into one. Serendipity described our meeting during our centennial reunion at the premise of our high school Alma Mater. I already invited him through his account on Facebook. Due to his busy schedule, he cannot insert his passion on writing online.
As vacation approaches this year, he gave it a try here on HubPages. An alert was posted on my email account at Yahoo, signifying that he decided to give it a try.
I posted my first comment and posted an email on his profile, encouraging him to write more. And the rest so, they say is history.
Only three weeks and counting, I opened a post at the Forums looking for a hub for Hub Nuggets, and there he was ! His hub on Re-Greening Earth was nominated and featured on RedElf's hub: The Great HubNuggets Easter Egg Hunt. The votes placed his hub at fourth place.
Slowly but surely, his hubs are surfacing on HubPages and his first 12 hubs are enough to carve his own niche on this writing community.
First 12 hubs and counting....
Being a school editor-in-chief, Sir Don knows how to express his thoughts with simple but catchy titles. As a senior student while this hubber, travel man, was still a sophomore in high school, I always look up to his leadership as his batch accepted my first attempts to write poems and simple news.
His eloquence on English language proves that these first 12 hubs are enough to make HubPages Elite noticed his works.
- The Builder's Song - a personal poem about teaching; how the teachers mold each student to be a productive person in the future
- Collectivity Works! - talks about the cooperation between teachers and parents to make a more systematized educational system in the community. It's empowerment as this hubber opined.
- Re-Greening Earth - his nominated hub that talks about the students' participation in re-greening the surroundings of Lake Buhi, Camarines Sur, Philippines
- Re-Greening Earth 1 - teachers taking charge this time
- Climate Change and Mosquito-Borne Diseases - the extreme weather condition brought so many alarming upgraded diseases from the not-so-friendly female mosquitoes
- Welcome to Bicolandia - a clear, crisp invitation to all tourists, both foreign and local, to explore the region for a new, fresh outlook about this peninsula in the Philippines
- The Latecomer - being late draws many excuses; unavoidable circumstances
- A Friend's Experience - sharing sentiments about the success of a former pupil of his friend
- NSPC Flashbacks - refreshing experiences of Philippine high school journalism during the dawn of EDSA People Power Revolution
- A Visit To The Collegian - reminiscing the memories inside and outside the four walls of the new office of the Collegian, college department's official paper
- A Century Old's Commitment to Education - reaching 100 years, honing talents and skills of students; the portals of the author's Alma Mater revisited
- A Great Harvest - delves on the importance of writing
We're expecting more from him. These hubs are just part of the tip of an iceberg waiting to be explored for a more big, BIG SURPRISES here on HubPages!!!