- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
Hubpages Referrals - An Easy Way to Earn More Money
Boost Your Earnings With Referrals
Building out content on Hubpages is not only a great way to share topics you are interested in with an active and engaged community but also a way to build a stream of residual income from your efforts. Whether you are just getting started with your first hub or have a network of hundreds of them, be sure to take advantage of the built-in power of referrals to give your Google AdSense earnings a boost. Here's how the referral system works:
There are a few ways you can earn money by referring visitors.
1. Whenever you link to someone's hub through your blog, website, or forum post; you receive a share of the impressions for that hub. For each one of those impressions, if a visitor clicks on an ad or makes a purchase through eBay or Amazon; you receive the revenue from that session. The larger your share of impressions is, the more income you receive.
2. Refer new users to Hubpages and receive a percentage of all of the impressions generated for each hub that user creates.
Getting started with referrals is easy. First, make sure that you have activated your AdSense and other affiliate information in the "Affiliate Settings" section of your Hubpages account. If you haven't signed up for a Hubpages account yet, you can do so here.
Next, click on the "my account" tab at the top of the page. You will see a box on the right hand side that has a section labeled "Your Account". Click on the link that says "URL Trackers". Here you will find a default tacking code which is assigned your account. You can either use this default tracking code or create your own. (Tip: Using keywords as your URL tracker can be helpful for both keeping track of which content the tracker goes with as well as making your URL more SEO friendly.) To create your complete tracking URL, simply add an underscore character ( _ ) and your tracker to the URL of the hub you are linking to. Here's an example:
Let's say I want to link to this hub and add my tracker to get credit for referrals:
To tie the link to my profile, I would simply insert my tracking code along with the underscore character between the hubpages.com portion and the extension of the hub I am linking to. If my tracking code were 0801082, it would look like this:
Now, every time a user visits that hub through my link, I will receive a share of the impressions and the revenue that goes along with it. The revenue can really add up when you are sharing a useful article or something closely related to what your readers are interested in.
Once you have set up your trackers, you can really start to kick your referral earnings into gear by promoting your content. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Add your referral link to your Myspace, Google+ or Facebook page. Getting a few people from your social network to start creating hubs can really make a difference.
- Link to good hubs from your blog or website.
- Post to forums or communities you are involved in and include your tracking link.
- Submit your content to social bookmarking websites.
Watch your earnings start to grow as the users you've referred become active contributors and create good content. You'll be amazed at how fast your Hubpages referrals start to build!
Additional Resources on Building Your Earnings
- How to Increase Your Hubpages Earnings
Are you frustrated with trying to find the perfect formula for making top dollar from each of your hubs? We all know that it takes a lot of time and effort to build an engaging hub filled with unique content...