Brainstorming Blog & Article Posts - When you just can't think of another idea!
Brainclouds but no Brainstorm
You've all had that feeling - as if there's just no more topics you can possibly think of to write about.
You're washed out, tired, your brain just won't throw up any of those awesome subjects that it once did.
Well it's time for some serious action - you need to get in there and brainstorm up some fabulous ideas - the more the better. Read on for some inspiration.
Around and Around - Items
Look around your house, or somewhere you spend a lot of time. Concentrate on parts of it and start thinking... here's some examples:
- Looking through your clothes might help you remember a time you had to repair or clean them... a place you've been...good or bad times.
- Looking at your roof, walls & housefittings might remind you of home handyman jobs, renovations or other houses you've lived in.
- Looking at electronics may remind you of how hard they are to assemble, how much trouble they've been or why you'd recommend them to a friend.
- Looking at your old books might inspire you to write a review or even start your own piece of creative writing.
Work and Play - Places
Think about the places you go each day. There's probably plenty of places you see without even giving them a second glance. Here's some ideas:
- Your workplace - what can you do that other people might want to learn?
- Local park - inspiration on how to set out a garden?
- Places you travel - would you go there again, quickest way to get there and driving?
You're Inspiring! - People
We all spend time with people - sometimes many different ones, depending on our jobs. But have you thought about how they can influence your articles? Try asking someone about themselves. Not only will they think you're a great listener, but if you throw in a word about your favourite topic they may think of an area of it you haven't covered yet....
Would You Like Fries With That? - Food
Everyone eats but how often do you think about it? Food opens up a whole new area to write on:
- Worst and best foods you've had.
- Restaurant reviews.
- Local and traditional foods.
- Favourite recipes.
- Family recipes.
The Write Way to Go
You're surrounded by inspiration for posts - you just may not be able to see it. Start repeating to yourself, as you go through your day or browse the internet "Will other people want to know about this" or "How can I make money from this."
Eventually it will become like a mantra - you'll get used to thinking about how things you never realized may be of great importance to other people - from sending an email to cleaning dust off easily.
The Challenge - Pen & Paper!
So here's the challenge - a great way to get a list of ideas.
- DO not go on your writing site or blog for a minimum of 12 hours (sleep not included!)
- Find a quiet spot and have pen and paper ready.
- Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Write down ten or more different post ideas - on anything you can think of.
- Write one post immediately based on one of the ideas.
The goal of this challenge is to start new posts/articles - and if you only start posts from 2 of those topics... that's still two more posts, isn't it?