- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- HubPages, the Community
I am now two years old on HubPages!
Two years old and still growing
Great! I was awaken from a short slumber one afternoon of September, 2011 and realized that I already reached the two-year mark of hubbing on HubPages.
My other self told me to celebrate but I'm tight on a budget. Wait, I better check my Google AdSense account and see if I already reached my payout threshold of $100 dollars for the third time around.
And lo! It is really is! But I still have to wait for a 30-day clearance before I withdraw it at the nearest outlet of Western Union in the city.
Woopah! I think I better postpone my celebration and just make a wishlist for this hard earned money for the past five months.
I'm still keeping myself busy with the other activities at home by participating in many activities at the county. It is also my source of the recent hubs that I just posted and published on this site.
My inspiration to do so ranges from tropical cooking, do-it-yourself projects, local activities and other personal experiences in life.
Advocacies on Travel Man's Hubs
I've concentrated on writing a series of hubs with a particular theme. This, aside from the contests that HubPages did sponsor and the weekly inspiration (former HubMob weekly topic). By the way, almost all of my hubs lack summary, so I'm still cramming to update it and promote it by writing an abstract per hub.
The outcome of my hubs concentrated mostly on the following series:
- Tropical Cooking - Being a Filipino, I've been cooking tropical food for the past decades of my life. With this series of hubs, I am promoting such cooking and the Philippine cuisine as well, so that, they'll get acquainted on how the islanders cook their food. I even made a food blog (Tropical JOE) promoting my cooking series.
- DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Project - My practical side made me write series of projects that happened at home, like cementing a pavement, cutting a coconut tree, etc. Other hubbers are doing and sharing it, too.
- Health-Conscious - I am aiming to share the latest information in science that will benefit those who will read it.
- Practical Photography - I did a series of hubs regarding photography. Anyone can be an expert on taking pictures by just following practical tips based from my actual experience. There are lots of unexplored places in your locality that you can share to the whole world.
- My Vinyl Records Collection - I can call it a legacy, my vinyl records collection, where my father bought when I was born. I also added record acquired from the local radio station where digital music is already used.
- Trivialities in Life - There are lots of neglected topics that have a huge impact once you publish it. For example, virtues of life that we often neglect, like kindness, honesty, etc.
- Tips and Advices on HubPages - Well, I may sound like a guru but I'm just sharing bits and pieces of ideas and knowledge that I acquired while hubbing for the past two years.
- Politics Watch - I usually feature hubs on politics that are concentrated in the Philippines. College students usually leave comments and request to make more hubs regarding the present administration.
In time, I will also update my older hubs that usually feature Travel & Places.
So, if you're not in a hurry, you can still linger on my 400+ hubs and leave comments that can inspire me to contribute more on the next years to come.
My plans after two years of hubbing
Two years of productive hubbing have passed. I am still eager to contribute more if HubPages will continue to come up with positive changes that will make us more wiser and richer.
My plans? I have many, although I will try my best to continue writing productive hubs that will generate more followers and readership; much more, passive income. I think, this is also the main goal of every hubber. We, writers-bloggers-hubbers, are thinking the same thing, aside from being a productive individual of the world.
My perspective broadens because of the insights given by other hubbers who are more experienced in online writing.
I asked a very extreme hub makeover on writing a bilingual hubs because some of the Filipino readers, especially students requested me to write it in Tagalog. It will surely violate the HubPages Rules and Regulations, so, I told them to just use the Google Translate as a tool to broaden their understanding in the local language. Other hubbers also cautioned me to avoid writing bilingual hubs in the future. Maybe, for now, it is still a violation. But who knows? I might see future hubbers using their own native tongues and translating it in English for better comprehension.
Where can you find travelman1971?
This is the region where travelman1971's place is located. Bicol is famous for its Mayon Volcano in Albay and CWC in Camarines Sur. Please visit us!
September is a big month for the Bicol region in the Philippines, I just had a good time taking part in many activities of the Penafrancia fiesta. I didn't eat that much. I'm not getting any younger and I am watching my cholesterol level that close because I'm on my way to a complete medical check-up for a new contract of work on board ship.
Hospitality is still the best character of many Filipinos when there's a special occasion. You will enjoy it, too, in terms of the food (eat-all-you-can) and the accommodation.
I was invited by my former colleague on the radio and enjoyed my visit, especially on the buko salad, sweet and sour fish and some pork meat dishes.
I also relayed my two-year old hubbing online. The couple cheered and said that it was timely to celebrate my being a HubPages writer with them. They're also using social media (as in Facebook and Twitter) in order to reach out for long-distant relatives.
Well, it's just an introduction for my celebration.
Just wait, until I receive my third payout on Google AdSense. I might as well spill it out here; how will I spend the money.
Now, let's eat!
Let's have a refreshment.
How to Succeed on HubPages
The celebration never ends...
- One Year on HubPages; Making Money writing On-Line
It's been an interesting year writing for HubPages! Looking back, I realized that I've learned quite a bit. If you're new to HubPages, check out this Hub so you can avoid some rookie mistakes.
- 1 Year on Hubpages : Things I've Learnt & Hubbers Wh...
This hub was originally written as a commemoration of reaching 200 hubs. Sadly I no longer have that many on this account. However the lessons learned still apply so I changed the hub to a celebration of one...
- Celebrating 1 year on Hubpages and Growing
Money? Income? Payout? Hubpages gave me what money can't buy. Friends, therapy, education, joy and opportunity. Watch me fly...
- My First Year On HubPages- Trials, Tribulations and ...
Here I am looking back on my first year on HubPages. Im sharing my stats on views and approximate earnings, correlated with time frames and number of hubs published. Ive also included some of my picks for helpful hubbers and how to hubs.
- Still Discovering Myself After Two Years on Hubpages
After two years on Hubpages, I am still discovering myself. Advice for other writers.