- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Help for New Hubbers
Is HubPages a Blogging Site? Hub Pages Leads Online Publishing Writing High Quality Multi-Media Article Blog Content
HubPages Is Reaching Above Typical Blogging Sites!
What Is HubPages?
HubPages is an Online Publishing Site that allows Authors to Publish Original Articles.
Many people come to HubPages with blogging experience. Others joined HubPages first and later learned the value of Blogs and Blogging.
HubPages is designed to be a publishing platform where authors own their own content. We own the words, photos (Original!) and content of our Hub Articles.
HubPages stands above other publishing sites in the field and there are valid reasons why. Let's explore what makes HubPages a better Publishing Site.
What Do You Think?
Do You Refer To HubPages as A Blog?
So Is HubPages A Blogging Site?
Yes. Technically speaking HubPages is a blog because it meets the criteria of a blog. However, in many ways HubPages is more than just a blog. HubPages is Unique!
HubPages is more like an encyclopedia of online magazine articles, neatly organized and ranked by topic and content quality.
According to Dictionary.Com a blog is:
"A Web site containing the writer's or group of writers' own experiences, observations, opinions, etc., and often having images and links to other Web sites."
So there you have it. HubPages is a blogging site! It meets the definition.
Like Magazine Articles, HubPages' Hubs have Photos and Text, Advertisements, Polls, Quizzes and an added bonus, Original Video.
Now I know a lot of people may be shaking their heads in disbelief. It's true. HubPages is technically a Blog.
But there are certain things that make HubPages stand out from the crowded Blogging Scene.
What Is It That Makes HubPages Stand Out Above All the Other Blogging Sites?
So Why Is HubPages Different from Other Sites?
HubPages summarizes it's description of itself within the context of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) in how it is different from other blogging sites:
HubPages is not like a traditional blog site, where you publish journal-type entries. Hubs can contain some personal content, but should be interesting, useful, and easily understandable to someone who does not know you personally.
Learn More About HubPages
- How To Make Money Writing Online on Hub Pages? Earn Cash Profit Through HubPages Affiliate Advertisi
A Guide to the basics of making money on HubPages through the various Ad and Affiliate Programs and How To Sign Up for and Use each Program. Programs include eBay and Amazon as well as the HubPages Earnings Program.
- How To Share Hub Articles from HubPages to Social Networks: Marketing Opportunities For More Interne
Are you new to HubPages? Maybe you have been around for a while and want to learn how to generate more traffic to your Hubs. There are several ways to get more traffic and there are even more articles trying to teach you how to get more traffic.
- How Do I Get Noticed On HubPages? A Guide To Help You Get Started Writing and Publishing Hub Pages A
A How-To Guide to understanding HubPages and getting started with publishing online and getting traffic to your Hubs. If you want to be noticed on HubPages and get readers to comment on your work, then this is the best place to start!
- 5 Secret Tips That Will Generate Comments In Your Hubs Articles
So you have written a few Hub articles but you haven't received any comments yet! Here are some tips to help you get people to want to leave comments on your Hubs! You worked hard! You deserve Feedback!
- Why Is My Hub Score Fluctuating? 3 Steps for Maintaining a High Hub and Hubber Score?
Does your HubScore and HubberScore change frequently? Do you wonder why? This article answers the question, "Why Does My Hub Score Frequently Change?"
- Why Do Some Hubbers Get More Attention Than Others: What Is Their Hub Secret?
There are Several Secrets for Getting More Attention on HubPages! This Hub Article Discusses the Secrets That Get Attention On HubPages and The World Wide Web. Learn How To Get Noticed Online! Step by Step Suggestions for Creating Better Content.
- Why Writing In The Third Person In Your Profile and Articles Can Give You Author Credibility On HubP
Trying to Perfect your Online Profile and Articles as a Serious Author? This article discusses the reasons and the benefits for writing your Articles and Author Profile in the Third Person.
HubCamp Boston 2011
There are many reasons that HubPages is different from traditional blogging sites such as WordPress, Blogger and so on. Here are some of the things that make HubPages stand out:
- The Majority of Published Articles on HubPages are not Purely Personal in Content. Many of the regular blogging sites are a collection of rants and personal opinions, like Facebook on steroids. HubPages in general produces unbiased interesting articles on a variety of topics.
- The HubPages Community is like no other online community. People on HubPages often find life-long friendships with people from all over the world that share similar interests.
- HubPages Has Strict Guidelines. First and foremost, to join HubPages you must be 18 years of age. Having this rule weeds out potential lower quality rants about such menial things such as everyday school life, teen relationships gone bad, bullying, etc. Not to say that those are not important, they are just not appropriate for HubPages targeted audience (search engine queries). Other elements of HubPages that make it produce higher quality are the site's Publishing Guidelines. There are rules for what you can post and certain topics are prohibited (porn, adult, drug use, etc.) These guidelines ensure that HubPages is a well respected publishing platform with appropriate content.
- Sub-Domains allow for individual pages (Hubs) to be evaluated as an individual rather than collectively through the whole site. This allows for individual articles and authors to compete for search engine rankings based on the quality of their content and not the source of the site itself. HubPages is releasing a new move for the Questions and Answers section of the site that will move all questions to sub-domains. This enables the individual questions to be accessible to search engines when someone asks a similar question. This may increase the earnings of the Hubbers who ask the questions and the Hubbers who answer them.
- The HubPages Staff is personable and consists of real people that users can interact with. HubPages offers HubCamps which are training meetings that are hosted by team members themselves. When a user has technical issues they can send an e-mail to the staff and they get a response from a real person, not a robot. Video Chats occur from time to time and are hosted by a member of the staff.
- Monetization allows users to make money while publishing on the site. Through Effective Advertisements, users place ads in their Hub articles and when people click the ads, the Hubber makes money. Many blogs do not offer any financial incentive for publishing on their site.
- Ability to Insert Media Directly Into Hub Articles is a big distinction between HubPages and other blogging sites. Photos, Video, Interactive Polls and Quizzes are a few of the media formats that can be added to Hubs. Having these additional media platforms integrated into the articles makes the Quality of the Content stand above other sites since search engines such as Google rate quality based on the amount of information as well as visual and physical opportunities for users to engage with the article. HubPages recently launched a New Video Option to the site where users can create Videos and Publish them independently to compete with other video publishing sites. HubPages is leading in the Future of Online Publishing.
HubPages Staff are Real People and Are Dedicated to Helping Hubbers!
Not Sure How To Add Original Photos and Videos To Your Hubs?
The following videos where produced by HubPages to help users understand how to properly use photos and videos in their Hubs to create High Quality Content:
Adding Original Photos To Hubs Makes Them Stand Out!
Test Your Knowledge!
view quiz statistics
So there you have it folks! HubPages is technically a Blog!
However, in order to rise above all other Blogging Sites, we won't tell anyone that we are Bloggers!
No, we will tell them the truth: We are Authors writing Quality Online Content in the form of Online Articles!
We are a Community of Talented and Knowledgeable Content Article Writers that share our knowledge and experiences with each other.
We bond, form friendships, help each other out, all while we move to leading the future of Online Publishing!
So don't let this information get you down! Keep writing Quality Hubs and the world will soon see who the best of the World Wide Web truly is!
© 2012 JS Matthew