- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Loving to Write: My Inspiration for Hubs
I am writing this article after being on Hubpages for a little over 6 months. I am no expert on the subject of writing Hubs. This Hub won’t tell you how to get lots of readers or make a ton of money. I find backlinks and keywords and all the nuances of increasing and sustaining traffic a little confusing and above my level of web knowledge. Or maybe I am just plain lazy. While I understand from reading the postings of others on the forums, the most successful, moneymaking Hubs might be product reviews, niche subjects and hot button topics; I believe that the most interesting hubs to write are ones that you as the writer care about and feel inspired to churn out. I find my most productive writing occurs when I am inspired. And it is writing about what I love and care about that makes me love being a writer. I also love reading the Hubs of others to find out what they care about and how they see the world.
Where I get My Inspiration
- Love: Things that I love such as my kitty cat, poetry, aspects of my career and work life, and happy emotions like being in love all inspire me to write. Writing about anything that I love makes me feel happy and as if I could write about these things forever – an endless source of inspiration.
- Experiences. My life experiences provide me with a wealth of topics to write about and explore from nasty co-workers to money problems. Whatever I am going through has the danger of becoming a Hub one day. When I get really sad or mad, I feel inspired to write a poem or article to explain how I am feeling. The writing process is a great release for any negative emotion I might experience. Instantly after writing it down, I feel like a load has been lifted off of me and I am free to do and think about more positive things.
- Other People. Sometimes, reading other people’s articles, whether or not on Hubpages, get me thinking about how I feel about a particular topic. Before you know it, I am writing about something that has come into my head. Ideas can come from surfing the web, reading news stories, watching television, reading a novel or simply from a conversation with someone else. I never know who or what is going to inspire me to write.
- Hopes & Dreams: A great source of inspiration for me is thinking of where I want to be in life. My hopes for a successful future in my career, my dream that my kitty cat will live a long and healthy life and the dream of a happy life free of negativity and hate all keep me writing. Writing about my dreams allows me to envision them as a reality and gives me a way to start to think about a process to implement and achieve my goals.
For me, writing is more than just writing about what I know. Writing captures my inspirations in a moment in time and allows me to look back and see how far I have come in my life and where I am going. It is a way to memorialize all that I love like a tattoo that I can permanently treasure.