- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
Can You Make Money on Hubpages? I Review My Thoughts After Publishing 100 Hubs
Like some other hubbers who have tracked their progress here on hubpages, I had meant to write a hub to commemorate my one year anniversary on Hubpages, but it didn’t materialize. 3 months passed, and I finally published my 100th hub. I thought this hub would then be a great opportunity to post some of my reflections about my time over here in Hubpages.
My original reason for signing up for Hubpages was because I wanted to find a way to earn some pocket money to finance my studies. Money wise, I have to confess that I am still figuring out how to best make money on this site. I did get my first payout a few months back, but the rate at which I am accruing my cents and dollars is still rather slow - you'll see my earnings below.
Interesting 101 Hub Facts
Total no. of hub views
No. of hubpages ad program payouts
No. of followers
Average daily earnings
Amount earned on google adsense
Total no. of comments
Average daily views
I think many people would agree that one of their main motivations to sign up for a Hubpages account was financial related. Thus I am going to share some of my observations here, and I would love to hear from other hubbers if they share the same views.
- My views go up when I publish a new hub.
Whenever I publish a new hub, I find that I seem to get a small surge in views, from the Hubpages community. It takes a while before google traffic kicks in and all. Depending on my topic, I get an average of 10 views or so when I publish an article.
My article that had a most interesting spike in views was the hub in which I chronicled my first sixth months here on hubpages. However, that spike in views did not last long, although I found many kind hubbers who were in the same boat as I was, and many others also who were willing to give me tips to improve.
After I reached about 80 articles or so, I found that I earned about 30 to 40 cents each day.
This was my residual income largely from google traffic, not Hubpages. At that time, I was extremely busy at school so I didn’t write much (if at all), and didn’t comment much either. I found that my views plateaued to about slightly more than 100 each day, and dipped down to below 80 on the weekends. This was after the panda saga was over and things were much more stable.
- My views go up if I leave comments on the people’s hubs.
This is interesting as I find my profile views actually increase especially if I leave a comment on a hub that many people are commenting on.
After joining the Hubpages Ad program, my google adsense account has not seen many clicks. This is probably because my hubs aren't that easily monetized since I like to write about topics such as psychology.
Now this statement cannot be taken as the truth, as my hubs are not always the sort that attract viewers to click on the ads, as the ads are probably not linked to the hub content. However, this statement has been made by many who are much more informed about how these ad programs work. And I have observed this change for myself too. I am not complaining, and I don’t advice you take my personal observation and apply it to yourself as you might be writing more product reviews.
After writing 100 hubs on Hubpages, I feel quite a sense of achievement, although I know that I had planned to reach my 100 hubs much earlier than this. That said, I have more than anything, enjoyed the community here. Some of the hubbers here are one of the sweetest that I have ever met.
Here are some of the hubbers that I do love to follow! You should check them out too!
- Vocalcoach writes very inspiring hubs about music and food, well-being.... all sorts of things! She also leaves the sweetest comments on my hubs. She has tons of followers, and so I know there are many who love her heart.
- Hyphenbird has extremely insightful hubs about all sorts of things. She has a gift with words and my favorite series of hubs that she has written is about female characters in the Bible - those that we would have totally missed if we were reading through the Bible.
- I enjoy A.A. Zavala’s psychology hubs the best, as they are detailed and insightful. He also has other hubs about his life experiences and tributes to other hubbers.
- Emichael has a very delightful way of tellig stories, and I enjoy reading his hubs, especially his short stories.
- Denise Handlon writes inspiring hubs about all sorts of topics. But I find them really inspiring. She also leaves great comments, and I learned a lot about the art of commenting from the way she left hers.
- Prasetio30 writes about really interesting topics. You’ll never know what to expect next. If you enjoy discovery channel, and if you just like to be fascinated, you should read his hubs!
- Justateacher writes very precious hubs that give us a glimpse into her calling to work with special needs children. Reading her hubs always fill me with warmth.
I daresay the best part about Hubpages is still the community, and being able to share some of my writing with others. I'm going to keep writing, and being part of this community!
Other Hubbers Share Their Hubpages Milestones
- It's My One Year Anniversary on HubPages!
I can't believe it's already been a whole year. HubPages has been an awesome experience so far. I had no idea when I signed up how
- One Year on HubPages, How the Time Flies
A simple thank you to so many people who have supported my writing over the last year.
- One Year on HubPages; Making Money writing On-Line
It's been an interesting year writing for HubPages! Looking back, I realized that I've learned quite a bit. If you're new to HubPages, check out this Hub so you can avoid some rookie mistakes.
- Celebrating one year at Hubpages!
After one year at hubpages you will change! I know because I have transformed from an half face to a whole human! I want to celebrate my first year at hubpages with you....
- One Year of Writing in HubPages--how much I've earned and learned
So I got quite surprised when I was notified that I've been writing on HubPages for one year exactly three days ago. The earth has revolved around the sun and I've really evolved so much most especially in terms of SEO writing or blogging. Time...
- Looking back at One Year on HubPages Writing Site
The end of my first year on the HubPages writing site could also be viewed as the start of my second year on HubPages. This is certainly how I view it. I plan to be a member at HubPages for many years still. Looking through my recent emails I...
- One Year on HubPages: Making Money and Reaching 100,000 Views
I recently reached my one year anniversary on HubPages. In this time, I have made some money and reached 100,000 views. Here is how I did it. Useful links and advice