- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Hubs That Make Real Money Online
I don't know anybody who rode his bicycle for the very first time without a single fall[well,there may be exceptions...im not gonna argue..:)]. You fell a couple of times but u did not care because of your eagerness. I still remember the first time I tried without help and how i went down. Sweet memories...
Well, my point here is, the same fact applies on hubpages too. There are certain necessities before you start earning from hubpages. Sooner or later you're gonna walk this same path like many did and still do. You may have to take different topics, to keep record on various things and so on.
Anyhow, my intention is to help you achieve that ultimate goal, a bit earlier by sharing those things i learned and do. Please don't let yourself down if you don't possess some skills i mention below, but in turn you Should acquire those. At last, u cannot learn to ride a bicycle without one.
- Good writing skill pays a lot. Writing is the principal mode to express ideas online. The best example i would like to give is the headings of any articles online. When was the last time u read an article without a heading?.
It does not mean that u should write like a professional, in fact, u don't have to, but you should be able to transfer the exact idea u want your readers to understand. Reading helps a lot, and try to add a couple of words to your vocabulary each day. See and try to learn how others do and create your own fashion of writing.
- The Topics you choose is all you're gonna earn from. You may be an expert in a field like there is no opponent to beat you, but what if you don't have an audience?.
Instead of selecting a single topic, i would like to advice you to go wide. Sit with a pencil and paper(believe me, u'll never know what u've got until & unless u write it down to see for yourself), jot down what all topics you've got. Select a couple of it to start with. Do not try to get it done all at once, do enough research before you start writing.
- Basic SEO knowledge is enough for you to get started at hubpages. For those who don't know, it is the short form for Search Engine Optimisation. Don't get scared away. I know a lot of newcomers get frightened by these terms. Let me tell u, this is no rocket science. These are some simple techniques that you should keep in mind and to apply while you write the content(not very easy though) which will help your articles to come on top of the search results and to deliver quality advertisements which helps you benefit the most.
- The volume of Audience aka "traffic" to your site is what
determines your revenue. As i mentioned before, there is no use in
publishing an article if you don't have anyone to read.
There are several tips to get internal traffic from hubpages like actively participating in forums, asking and answering questions, inviting friends and joining others' fan clubs etc. And above all, produce informative, quality hubs.
Publicize your work. Let the world know what you've got. You don't really have to pay any companies to advertise about your article(well, u may, if u've got that kind of money), but instead, u can accomplish it by a bit of hard work.
There are lots of forums out there, available for us to join and to participate in sharing ideas. You give your opinion to those questions u know and leave your link to an article u did relating to that topic. Simple as that. But let me tell you, this is not a one-minute-magic thing. You have to wait while u continue doing similar activities.
Also, u should do the same thing inside hubpages where ever allowed.
- Learn How To Get Published At Hubpages
How do I get fans, I don't get any comments and how the heck do i get published/popular at hubpages?... These are the questions a new hubber will have for sure, while they are still perplexed on how to make...
- Hubscore matters big deal. Having a high hubscore helps you get maximum exposure to other hubbers and thereby delivers a quality traffic to your hubs. Even though the exact factors which determine the hubscore is not revealed, u can carry out certain things to raise your score.
Use hubpages often.
Be active in interaction activities.
Publish hubs frequently.
Try not to make your hubs too short.
Use images wherever required.
Talk about what you are passionate about. Those things you know, about places you've gone, things you've learned recently etc etc. Just make sure you know what you're talking about and you'll do good.
There is a huge potential for those topics on "How To" hubs/articles, which i think anyone can start off with whatever interests they have. Everybody knows something. Another interesting thing is that we've got the whole world as our market place and there are lot of people who wants to know what you know.
But, the sad fact is that nobody really want to take a little hard work of their own to unleash its potential. So, lets put in some work, apply the information we learn. After all, u've got to push the pedal to make your bicycle move...
Your Good Friend
Abhijith Bob Babu