- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Monetizing Your Blog with Adsense
Become a Hubber Today!
Do you love to write? Do you know that by publishing your articles on hubpages can earn you awesome monies? Participate in AdSense via HubPages platform. Join hubpages now... it's totally FREE!
Before getting to know why Adsense is essential for your content sties or blogs, you first need to know how it works.
The concept of ads-serving by adsense program is very simple. The publisher which is you inserts a snippet of java script into a certain area of your site or blog and each time the particular page is accessed by a visitor, the script will pull relevant advertisements from google database.
The ads that are targeted should therefore be related or matched with the content that is contained on the page that's serving the ads. If the visitor clicks on any of the ads (based on his or her interest to know more), you will earn a portion of the money that the particular advertiser that pays to Google.
The search engine, Google that acts as the middle man handles all the ads tracking and payments. It provides a really easy way for any blogger or webmasters to display content-sensitive and targeted ads without the need to find interested advertisers. In case if you have to do it yourself, you have to spend a lot of energy and time to collect funds and monitor clicks and statistics.
The best thing about Google is it never lacks of advertisers that participate in the program and which means almost every topic under the sun will at least make you some money. This also means that you as a content publisher have less to worry about the lack of information search engines are providing and could be more focused in making money from it.
3 Reasons Why Adsense Is Essential For Content Sites
1# Adsense is essential for content sites is because it already has come a long way in understanding the needs of publishers and webmasters. Together with its continuous progression is the appearance of more advanced system that allows full ad customization. Webmasters are given the chance to choose from many different types of text ad formats to better complement their website and fit their webpage layout.
The first thing why adsense is very important for content sites is because it has already come a long way in order to understand the needs of both the publishers and webmasters. Adsense program was introduced back in 2003 and since then, much changes and system upgradings have been done to serve best both the parties.
One of the great progression that Google has done is the appearance of more advanced system that allows full ad customization, where the publishers could choose the color and size of the ads that they wants. Publishers are given the chance to choose from many different types of text ad formats and customize them with suitable colors to better complement their website design and layout.
Ads customization is very important because different formatting enables the site owners the possibility of higher click through rates, thus higher earning. Visitors may or may not be aware of what they are clicking but clicking the ads will give them more information particular on the subject that interested them. In such a way, the ads publisher will be able to get their content read and making money in the process.
2# Google is giving the ability to any adsense publishers to keep track of their earning through the webmaster pre-defined channels. By doing this, you will not only know which pages are doing good but also which particular ads placement. The most recent improvements involved the capability to monitor how the ads are performing through customizable reports that provide details on the page impressions, clicks, clicks-through rates and the earning from the click. With this, you could spot the trend easily and format the ads to serve your site better.
Now, with the real time reporting that google provide, you will be able to gauge any changes that you made to your ads placement almost instantly. However, there would be some time for you to sort out the contents that are making you the most clicks. The ever changing demands would be addressed so that the publisher could earn more from their effort. The more flexible tools have allowed webmaster to group web pages by URL, ad type or category known as channel. The statistics from this tracking will provide some accurate insight on which pages, ads and domains that are performing the best.
3# Advertisers have now realized the benefits of having their ads served on targeted websites. By doing so, it increases the possibility of a web visitor to have an interest in the product and services that they provide. With targeted ads technology, advertisers do not need to hunt for the relevant content publisher cause everything is sorted out at Google.
Adsense is none other than about targeted content as the more targeted your content, the more targeted or relevant the ads would be. For that, there are some web publishers who focus is generating the relevant contents so that it will attract more relevant ads and increase the click through rates. This is the part where the effectiveness is working at its best; the publisher is providing the relevant info for the visitors.
5 Surefire Ways To Improve Your Adsense Earnings
If you are monetizing your website or blogs with AdSense but is not actually very good, perhaps you might learn something from the tips below. Some of these tips have proven to boost quite a lot of earnings in the past and is continuously doing so.
Here are the 5 surefire ways to improve your AdSense earnings:
- Concentrate only on one format of Adsense ads. The one format that has been proven and worked well for many is the Large Rectangle (336X280). This format have the tendency to provide you with a higher CTR. This ads format look more like a normal web links, and thus, people will tend to click on them as they are already familiar with web links. They might or might not know if they are clicking on the ads, but as long as there are clicking on them, you will be making money from behind the scene.
- Create a custom palette for your ads, which match the design and layout of your web sites or blogs. Choose a color that could go well along with the background of your site. For example, if your site/ blog has a white background, try using the same white as the color of your ads border and background. By doing this, you will make those ads 'blends in' to your site and thus appears as part of your site. This will result more clicks from people that visit your site.
- Put your ads where people could see them as soon as they land on your site. Place them above the fold on the top. don't hide them as you are afraid if anyone could spot them. You will be surprised the difference earning you could make with this.
- If possible, place only one ads for each page of your blog or website. The reason is simple, with lesser links, people will be forced to click on them because they have no choice. Besides, placing only one ads will force the system to pull out only the most expensive ads from the server. Expensive ads means you are getting more per click.
- This last one might be the real reason that why you are not making lots of money. It goes back to the fundamental or ads serving content. Perhaps your contents do not have expensive ads and thus, making you less per click. To rectify this, you must do keyword research to determine which phrase that people search most and have the highest cost. By producing content that meet both this, you will be able to increase your income as well. They are some courses that teach you about this out there.
These are the surefire ways that you can follow to boast your adsense income. If you aren't sure how to do it, perhaps you need to read more on this subject.