My Hubscore is No Longer 1!
My hubscore was 1, it is now up to 75! Pull out the party hats. Open up the caviar. Life is good.
If you have read my article entitled, My Hubscore is 1, you already know that my score has hovered around 0 since the fourth day I was on Hubpages and has not left the lonely number 1 until just recently.
Why was this? Well, I got overly excited about making a lot of money on hubpages and so I ran around following every hubber and their mother. Apparently the Hubpage kings don't approve of spam-like behavior (which I was not intending to participate in), and so they ranked me as a pathetic one.
At first I thought that this 1 meant I was the best, I quickly realized that it was quite the opposite - I was the worst! In fact, it was impossible for any hubber to be worse than me. If you write like a three year old, I was still at a lower status. If you wrote about your child whom only you can love - my score was still worse. Even if you didn't write ANY article and simply created a Hubpage account using your Facebook account, your score would have been better than mine.
Well, things have finally changed! I am at a score of 75 (still a "C" in my book), but am confident 100 is just around the corner - or maybe over the hills and through the woods. Either way, I thought I would share with everyone what NOT to do to get a low score in the first place, what you CAN do to gain more followers, and how to overcome a low score if you have one.
- Follow hubbers you are not interested in.
- Follow hubbers who write worse then your neighbors 4 year-old.
- Write hubs with pur gramer, and speling.
- Write hubs that put people to sleep (unless that is the purpose of the hub).
To Gain more followers you CAN (and SHOULD)
- Write entertaining or useful hubs.
- Write hubs that follow several specific themes to gain a steady following.
- Comment on other people's hubs.
- Post your hubs on your Facebook, Twitter, and Google + accounts for more reads.
- Ask and answer questions.
- Get involved in discussions.
- Write consistently (I struggle with this).
To Gain a Higher Score
- Participate in the community.
- Remove or improve hubs with low scores.
- Delete some of those you are following if you have followed too many too fast.
- Be patient and give it time (It took me 3 months to move up from 1!)
What to Expect from Rob Next
Well friends, now that I am no longer a 1, I might have to actually throw a party in the near future! If that happens, I will be sure to let you know the address (maybe I'll make it a Facebook event).
However, the writing will have to start again! I have slacked off for a little while here, but I think it is time to set a month late new year's resolution to start writing constantly. I wish you all the best as you keep reading and writing - I look forward to reading more of your hubs as well!
Rob - The hubber who is no longer a 1!