- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Making Money on HubPages
On My Way to My First Million With Hubpages!
Tips On Earning Big Bucks with Your Hubs.
Today is a big day for me...my very first earnings with hubpages appeared on the earnings page: three cents! This is huge ("from small beginnings...", right?). I am torn between putting it away safely, and rushing out to spend it in celebration!
For all you even-newer-than-this-newbie hubber, here's how I reached this coveted earning status: a cooking family, plastic Easter eggs and making a dining table bigger. Now if that can rake in 3 cents for me, you can do it too!
But you have to be patient. It took me eleven days to get this much. But now the sky's the limit! My mind is already racing with the possibilities for next month: 6 cents (cumulative earnings)...wow!
I know you are itching to get to the crux of my story, so right here right now I am going to share with you my very own secrets of success.
7 Habits of a Successful (Newbie) Hubber:
1. Read, read, read. Don't even start writing your own hub until you're sniffed and rootled all around the hubpages website, especially the Learning Center (fabulous), hubs about hubs and hubs by "hot" hubbers (yes, folks, with my 3 cents in my pocket, I too rank in this exalted status now!). Read how they do it, study their hubs carefully.
2. Sign up for stuff on the earnings page (payment settings, affiliates settings etc) under "my account". I didn't do this until I'd published four hubs. Heck, I could have earned 11 or 12 cents by now if I'd cottoned on to this sooner!
3. Connect with the hubbing community: comment, answer questions, ask questions, follow hubbers whose writings you like. But be smart, thoughtful and discriminating. Flabby and vanilla comments, and following hubbers randomly will not earn you kudos in the community.
4. Look at your published hubs with a critical eye. If they are are not getting you comments and traffic, edit them. New title? New keywords? Keep trying to polish them up so that they work harder for you.
5. Become an SEO Pro (Search Engine Optimization ). This is what will drive traffic to your hubs, essential if one of your primary goals is earning. Read hubs on SEO smarts.
6. Be a super-hubber, not a sub-hubber. Research, check, edit, and proofread. Write quality hubs and with time, your hub-star will rise in the community and earn well for you.
7. And finally, don't let it go to your head. Sure, we could all go crazy with 3 cents, but where's the sense in that? Put it carefully into your piggy bank and get back to writing more hubs. Those pennies will grow before you know it!
Watch out for my next hub: "What I Did With My First Hubpages Million" (to be published TBA)!
What Did You Do With Your First 3 Cents Earned On Hubpages?
Share how you spent your early hubbing days and pennies with your fellow hubbers:
Please comment below, I'd love to hear your story. Or check out my other hubs and help me reach my first dime...woohoo!!