How do you evaluate hubs?
Evaluating hubs to rate them up or down is a big issue for me as I used to evaluate teachers' and students' work for a long time. I know that when someone gets a negative feed back he/she might get disappointed as people do an effort and this should be appreciated and at least should be creticised according to specific rubric.
Have you ever tried to build your own rubric to evaluate a hub fairly?
Evaluating a hub or a blog needs you to think critically about it. What I'm trying here is to help you building your rubric to vote hubs up and down according to reliable criteria.
- First; think of audience: Is this hub appropriate for the intended audience or readers of Hub-Pages.
- Second; authority: Ask your self who is the Hubber. Is he a Hubber that has an existance on Hub-Pages or he follows the policy of hit and run to advertise a website or a product or another blog. This can be discovered simply by looking at the auther's profile and having a look at what he/she has published before.
- See how much this hubber has influence. Who and how many people link to this hubber hubs? and does it appear to be a part of community? The best hubs are hubs for folkswho share interests with the hubber. So it's not a must that you like the hubs of this hubber if he/she is not sharing your interests.
- Comprehensive: Is the content covered in depth, and how sophisticated is the language "Grammar and spelling"
- Is this a first-hand view? Is it unique? Or just a copied item with no addition.
- Is this hub using many capsules to enrich the hub and to attract readers to the end of the hub?
- Linking to other hubs: Is this hub linked to other hubs that are informative and related to the topic that the hub covers.
12 Key elements for reviewing hubs This hub is written by website examiner "Here are my criteria for reviewing hubs. This method really works, and it saves a lot of reviewing time while also ...............
Hub Hopping Rate Thumbs Up This hub is written by Debby Bruck.
"The new feature Hub Hopping has only been in effect for a week and I'm finding it very enjoyable. I do believe it will create a more active community. I'm wondering who ever thought of instituting this ..."
Reasons for low Hub ratings Written by Filou
"Choose a subject which is sucked out: The more competition your subject has, the less it will be noticed. A niche so common that ..."