- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Reflections on Personal Blogging Challenge
Taking on a Blogging Challenge Means Endurance
Exercise Builds Muscle
One thing I'm working on now is how this process of writing blogs can be utilized for the future. I'm viewing this exercise as a muscle building experience. Not the muscles that help lift an object. More in the form of muscles of the mind. How to keep the thought processes going and actually build a good habit.
Creating a goal, target or challenge pushes your limits, stretches you to achieve more, but sometimes I wonder if it is health giving in all cases? I feel that if the challenge gets you into a daily habit, it has been successful. If it just leaves you exhausted, frustrated and full of dread, then I suggest rethinking the parameters of the challenge.
Review a few minutes as you reflect back on the day. Do you feel energized, proud, exhausted but happy? Put a check in the "good" box. Otherwise, tweak the demands put upon yourself. Feeling badly that you have to drop out of a contest? Who's going to be the winner in that race? Are you willing to pay a medical price in emotional distress, physical pain, or mental drain?
On the other hand, if the you feel the mental muscles pumping, the challenge getting a bit easier, like you're in the groove and have got this thing going, you fall on the plus side of this activity. I liken it to riding a bicycle. Once you learn how to get on balance and move forward, you've got momentum. Get those muscle pumping, push the pedal and glide a bit. Afterwards, you will be able to transfer the newly learned habit and tasks to another part of your life.
Applying What You Learn
If it is possible to write an article every day, like practicing scales on an instrument, then you can put it to good use on your personal webspace writing about a relevant topic to enhance any products or develop substance on a theme. Perhaps this muscle can be used to write a book, if there was one waiting to be written?
Honestly, though, I'm thinking of applying this skill to something totally opposite. Instead of working harder and using up all the energy available, consider doing something much, much harder for if you are an A-type personality. For the busy person who fills their time doing stuff all the time, what would be the hardest thing for them to do?
Meditation Good For The Soul
Did you guess? Do nothing. Yup. That's right, not do anything. Just sit, meditate, contemplate their navel, as an expression. Breathe and let the mind go empty for just an hour a day. Not think about doing the laundry, fixing a meal, pulling the weeds in the garden, sweeping the floor, writing another blog, talking on the phone or a hundred other things that "need to get done."
Strange as it sounds, I'm not too optimistic that this new project will be successful. At the end of the next two weeks, when I develop these thoughts more fully and plot out the plan of action to do nothing, I'll be able to journal any progress in this direction. In the meantime, I'm deciding whether to count up to the finish or count down the days to the end line. Gee whizz, only 12 days left? That sounds great. Or do you think saying, "Finished day 19 out of 30 days" makes the end look nearer?
- Aurora Over Norway Popular Time Lapse Video Day 1 - April Fools Day This first day of the 30-Day Hubpage Challenge begins with a viral video of a natural atmospheric event. The Northern Lights.
- BlogTalkRadio Hosts Vaccination and Your Rights In The United States Day 2 - Alan Phillips, JD, and Greg Glaser co-host the radio show on Constitutional Law and Vaccination Exemptions and Waivers in the United States.
- Did You Get Your FaceBook Event Invitation? Change Your Feed Day 4 - FaceBook Tutorial to repair your friend feed and stream.
- David Shrigley Artist Photographer Designer Humorist Satirist Day 5 - Critique and review of David Shrigley's artwork and website. Sardonic, sarcastic, ironic, philosophical, funny and more.
Hubpages Team To The Rescue
If you ever have a glitch in the system while writing Hubpages there is a place to get assistance. Post a question to administration about Hubpages problems and errors. See example of how errors are immediately reported to the team. Don't worry, things will work out fine.
I'm very grateful for the swift response of the hubpages administration team. They help the authors and do whatever it takes to improve the standing of Hubpages across the internet, social networks and the Google crawler requirements. We are so fortunate to have them on our side! Don't hesitate to contact or browse the help sections.
Variety of Topics To Talk About
PETS | A Photo Journal To Teach Your Children What is Toxic To Animal Friends Your Pets Day 6 of the Hubpages Challenge A Photo Journal of Foods Toxic To Pets
EMOTIONS | Sympathy versus Empathy and You Don't Know Until You AskDay 8 - What's the difference between empathy and sympathy? How do we get in touch with self and others to heal?
FINANCE | Greed Leads To Total Collapse Of Systems Day 9 - Greed spoils financial system
MIGRAINE | Homeopathy Similar Suffering | Human Harbors the Arachnida Scorpion Energy Day 10 - Story of energy healing using scorpion remedy
MEAL | Lunch On The Train Day 11 - Preparing a quick healthy lunch for the train ride.
Day 18 of the 30-Day Challenge on Hubpages
A Review of Where I Am and Where I'm Going
You've heard this before. Find a busy person and ask him or her to help you with your project. Why? Because these action oriented people like to get the job done.
Questions I Ask Myself
I've been considering why I'm doing this each day and my friends keep asking me the same question. I even question myself sometimes saying, "The challenge is reaching the top of the mountain. Because its there. I really don't know. I just felt like it. The time seemed right. I wanted to jump in before I missed this opportunity. I want to prove to my own characteristics of persistence, commitment and consistency. To be part of the group. I've done it before and I wanted to do it again."
Could this be like earning a gold star or getting high? Is it an addiction?
As always, I've got more questions than answers. And each time the questions reach deeper into self motivation. It would be neat if there was a threaded discussion on Hubpages where everyone posted just why they have, are or will participate in these 30-day challenges.
Energy Up and Energy Down
As I reflect each day on my response to writing on a deadline, the whole process evolves depending upon what's happening in the day, how much energy is left by the time I must author the article and if the subject just flows or must be researched or pondered deeply.
- Recipe For Morel Mushroom
A great find in the garden. Morel Mushroom.
- Homeopathy Scar Cream Acne Skin Keloid Eruptions by Miranda Castro
Miranda Castro's Scar Cream for keloids, cicatrices, lumps, hard skin tissue, acne, after surgery and more.
- Words That Mean Cry and Homeopathy
How many times can you listen to the song, "Cry Me A River?" This sad and lonely song illustrates the variety in the singers voice, just like a person's individual cry bears their fingerprint.
- Hubpages Follow Love Tutorial
If you would like to continue to follow the comments of others on a particular hub, just click the "Follow" Button. You may want to follow to find out if the author has responded to your comment. Video tutorial.
- Sea Life and Wood Products Provide Key To Removing Radioactive Materials From Drinking Water
How will governments cope with Japan's radiation problem? NC State University researchers provide new technology to clean up contamination
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM founded Homeopathy World Community social network. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blogsite is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider
- If You Enjoy Hubpages You may want to Join Now.