The Best Ways to Increase Traffic to a Hub
Wecome to Hubpages Important things to take notice of, prior to anything
- Hubpages is not only a writers network, its also a huge community that cares for its 130,000+ members & hub authors.
- The hubpages community here helps each of us to engage with one another, using differing methods of communications.
- This communications amongst peers is mostly to help assist us all in the sharing process of our great content with each other, and also to help protect each hubber from those who merely attempt at self promotions of their hubs, or any malicious activities.
- This simply allows us to detect any presence of good content within the system or that of any bad or harmful content.
- Once a questionable act is performed or violation that the hub system hasn't yet detected, we have the option to flag such content or actions, the account responsible for such activity instantly gets an indication on the my account section, and it can get defaulted to a human review and further probing, or evaluation if not corrected in time.
- If you haven't noticed already, there are a wide variety of sharing tools in place, as well as flagging, or voting icons that assist the hubpages system in determining whom may be causing any issues, or as to the popularity of certain hubbers, hubs, or what have you in the community here.
- All of these things stated, will be gained by experience if not noticed right away, and are placed in multiple locations across the entire hubpages network here.
- It's hard to believe, but hubpages actually benefits those, who work diligently, and smartly, as well as for those who choose to share with everyone sincerely, with insight-fulness, and selfless acts here, unlike many other networks on the web.
This hub will be addressing a hub question asked by fellow hubber Claudedog1234
There's many varying methods to increase traffic to your hub, and many of them are traditional to those who know of using keywords, SEO, social networking, and many other ways of communicating efforts on the web.
It definitely takes some time to get use to hubpages, and to locate all the cool tools they have in store for us writers, make sure to ask for help if need be, as you've asked such a question.
I done much of my learning from reading many hubs on these subjects of improving ones hubs, and the traffic on hubpages.
This hub will cover each of these methods, to help answer such a question, that was presented in the Q&A area.
Note: If your new to hubpages, be mindful of your actions in this community, its no different from the real world, and for that matter, people can see every single thing you do here, whether you think so or not, everything is traceable today, so play fair and learn as much as you can from others.
Useful hubpages books
Hubs compete with themselves by hubscore
Both hubs seem to be competing currently for the top three positions on my hub stats. I'll provide a screen shot, of a few of my stats so that everyone can get a birds eye view, of what I'm stating here.
If you notice in your my account section there's a stats listing, that is if you've published a single hub, now when you publish multiple hubs, each hub will compete for position, and the hottest hubs will get the highest hubscore.
Web Traffic Amazon Products
Hub Traffic Increase Stats
I been a hubpages author for 20 months (As of the latest update of this article), since that period of time I achieved over 130,000 views to all of my hubs in total, and mainly due to my being extremely active here throughout all the many facets of hubpages.
One of my latest hubs I wrote about Jeremy Lin, titled "Controversial headline against Jeremy Lin - Racism spewed out ESPN apologizes" has actually exceeded all of my individual hubs traffic.
I'm writing this to show and prove that hubpages truly helps gain a web presence and time isn't a barrier, you must work diligently though, now the all time high of that Linsanity hub was 766 views in only 9 days from its publishing.
Now my other highest hub was my hubnugget award winning hub I wrote on Cloud Computing titled "Cloud Computing - Is truly powered by us", which hit a total of 533 views, which was published back in August 2011. You would think, that by winning a prestigious hub award, it would land your hub with massive views, but quite the contrary to popular belief, it only will do what people choose to do with it, and how it gets shared across the web.
Here's the Jeremy Lin Article's stats, its hub score is 90 below
Choosing a hot topic and use of key words worked wonders
How did I gain such a huge increase in only 9 days?
What I believe happened is, since I chose a hot topic such as the current event news on Jeremy Lin also known as Linsanity today, it may have struck a chord with the search engines. I decided to challenge myself to write the sports news article about Jeremy Lin on Feb 20th 2012. If you've never heard of him he's a new NBA Player, and he's been making great sports news headliners, mainly because he was the first Asian American to make it in the NBA and also for his awesome performance with the New York Knicks.
This was my very first sports article I had ever wrote before, but it was on a key controversial issue that was trending that day, and it seems I caught a small fraction of the wave that "Linsanity" has made. I also contribute the hubs super success to how I titled the hub, so keywords are of major importance.
It gave me a super high boost of traffic to my hubs somehow, and I guess it was also due to how I wrote it, because I saw many other hubs written on the same topic, and they seemed to have gotten very little feedback or comments at that time, they also had a much lower hub score, and this reality did puzzle me a bit, but I'm not complaining. Actually the very first day it hit 300+ views, and I was literally blown away to see it zoom past all my other hubs, I worked so hard on, but I guess that's luck of the draw, right!
It takes time to gain traffic increases & patience is key
I learned of many parameters that govern or affect how a single hub will perform short term and long term, during my first 6 months of intense hub writing experiences here. By visiting the hubpages learning center, and by studying the best hubbers. Now many of these factors wasn't so obvious at first when I joined hubpages, so for those who are new to it all, please do take your time to get to know things, don't rush into it all.
I discovered prior to joining hubpages as a web developer, that the use of keywords, tags, and relevant content is the main ingredients and key to it all (SEO or search engine optimization).
- Just make sure that before you publish a hub, you also proof read it entirely.
- Space things out so its easily readable for anyone to read it clearly, and so they can navigate the page with ease.
Those tips up above were provided, because many web surfers will scan a site first prior to the use of its info or relevant content. There's also many ways you can share your hubs with others outside of hubpages, and it will surely help a great deal in getting your hubs noticed, especially if you've already established a web of trust, and or fan base following in the hubpages community here.
A web of trust means that you must establish yourself on a particular social platform prior to attempting to share much of your content with others their, because many people will shy away from what they would perceive as being intrusive conduct if you don't get to know folks there.
Many people once you've gained a true following will soon decide to share your content if they like it, and may even share it with their circles of friends, family, acquaintances, and colleagues then your hub shall be victorious in scoring great feedback, and many more views.
Note: Look towards the end of this hub for many more useful relevant resources.
Here's the accurate methods to backlinking that increases traffic
Networking outside of hubpages
Social networking sites like Facebook, Google Plus, StumbleUpon, Digg, Pinterest, Mashable, Scoopit, and so many more out there on the web are all places to get your hubs off to the races, but make sure to share other stuff as well, or else people will look at you as a spammer there, plus you must follow any rules or regulations that may be part of any of these networks.
There's also such a thing as a hubpages profile widget, which helps blog owners, and website owners to actually place their active profile onto their web location, using a cool looking widget via an embed code. To locate the profile widget go to the my account section and look towards the bottom left of the page for the text link titled "Profile Widget".
This helps to provide your site location viewers a means to get back to your hubs, and also gives your site more clout in terms of a official affiliation, with such a prestigious network as hubpages.
Important to know:
On hubpages you cannot attempt to be overly promotional or overly personal, and that's just one example of a mandatory regulation ruling here that deters the spammer types from flourishing on hubpages.
So be mindful of your sharing, and how you go about it all, also don't forget to read many peoples hubs as well, leave insightful comments, it helps to signal to people in the community on hubpages who you are, what your thoughts are about, expertise, etc....
Resourceful hubs going the extra distance to Help the hubpages community
- The Benefits of being a Hubpages Writer
- Keywords alone, gets you at the very bottom of a search engine
- Sharing Hubs outside of hubpages
- Tips on How to increase traffic for my hub
- Tips on how to write a Powerful Hub Useful tips
- Hubpages profile widget Sharing Hubs outside of hubpages
- Hubtivity - A not so clear understanding
- A hub written with a crystal clear purpose
Communicating Effectively with the community
Be mindful that the hubpages system frowns upon any unrighteous activity, meaning the system here cannot be gamed. So their are tools in place to detect anything that goes against the integrity of the hubpages community (There's a detection algorithm in place to keep track of every thing that goes on here, just as on any other social platform today).
Example: A new hubber attempts to game the system by following many fellow hubbers, without truly sharing with them in any way, the system responds to such activity by tracking your digital activities here, then renders your account a very low score, thus making your hubs un-reacheable as well by the vast majority of the community looking for the best hubs to read, the lower your hub score the less visibility it will have in the system itself.
So with that stated, be honest and do the right thing by others to actually gain a fan following in the hubpages system, the system actually encourages true to life interactions between fellow hubbers.