- HubPages Tutorials and Community
The Roles of Affiliate Programs in the Monetization of Articles in HubPages
Many hubbers have written about the good things of having an Affiliate Program/s in HubPages to ease the monetization of our articles. So here, I am, doing the phrases (too) of these helpful affiliates.
The Google AdSense
The most important thing that happened to me while making my write-ups in HubPages was the invitation of Google AdSense to monetize page impressions and electronic click per minute (eCPM). It’s a bit hard for me because I’ve been rejected in my first try because there was discrepancies when I put my telephone number (it’s actually my cellular phone number), even though we don’t have telephone connection in our place, due to its remoteness from the nearest city. The negative comment by Google AdSense that my hubs didn’t pass when they reviewed it for valuable content made me pursued to really use all the tools that HubPages provided and write my hubs with my own words, not solely relying to information that I can get from Wikipedia and other virtual sources.
To cut the story short, I am eagerly waiting for my first payment that I’ll receive from Google AdSense. Although it took almost seven months for me to have this good news, the payment is worth the wait, so they say.
Earnings in Google AdSense
AdSense for Content consists of page impressions, clicks, page CTR, & eCPM. This is my most active part in Google AdSense.
AdSense for Domains is activated when you buy your own domain online.
Other services of Google AdSense are AdSense for Search and AdSense for Feeds that are useful for your links and searches.
AdSense Reports will show all the information in you account; how much you fare in Google AdSense.
Security on your Google AdSense Account
To protect AdSense publishers, like us hubbers, a Personal Identification Number (PIN) will be mailed to your payment address entered in your account. This PIN will serve as your secured number to protect your account. It will be entered on the PIN Information page before any payments will be issued to you.
PIN Information page consists of your Login information (email address and personal password); language and contact references; payee information; payment details and holding; ads preferences as in display, internet-based and third party and property information.
Tax information is also included as to where the percentage of your payment from Google AdSense is directed.
Amazon vs. eBay
Amazon eStore is the most active virtual store associated with HubPages, aside from eBay.
Your Amazon eStore account is activated with the your email address, even if you‘re not buying a domain from them. Unlike, eBay, there are intricate steps in order for them to activate your account in HP, which is tedious for many hubbers. Well, patience is a virtue, isn't it?
Yieldbuild and Kontera
Yieldbuild is for the words you tagged when writing your hubs.
Kontera account have the same properties like Yieldbuild.
Making Money with HubPages by ShaggyAffiliate
What other hubbers say about Affiliate Programs
1. It is the first line of attack.Mark Knowles have a knack for words commending the status of Google AdSense as the main affiliate program monetizing the hubs we contributed in HubPages.
2. Hand picking items is the biggest part of using the Amazon capsule. Sunstreeks gave great advices on how to use the Amazon capsule to the fullest. She mentioned scrapbooking tips and hand picking items to truly recommend valuable products that fellow hubbers or readers can buy from the A-store.
3. Top-Paying Keywords for 2010 are enumerated through and through by Jane@CM. This elite hubber elaborately explained that these words will surely contribute for a more amount of monetization on you hubs if used properly. With the help of Google AdWords Keyword Tool, you can do no wrong when completing your hubs.
4. I have been reading through the Forums and found a lot of confusion with making the eBay Partner program activation process work properly with HubPages. This is the first sentence of Glenn Stok on his hub about activating your eBay domain (I still cannot do it.). This is refreshing and you will not commit mistakes if you follow his instructions.
5. If you have been denied by Google AdSense program, peruse the hub of Rebecca E. about it. I'm sure, you'll agree with me that the 'hit and miss' on activating these affiliate programs on HP will never be difficult at all, like the way I perceived it before.