Edit Your Writing To Get a Higher Hub Score
Get a Higher Score on Your Hub
Prepare Your Article for Viewing
Hubs need regular attention and care. Editing your articles is one of the most important things you can do to get a higher score. Editing includes: re-formatting; adding and deleting photos; correcting mispellings and generally making your article easier to read.
I think you know how important it is to keep our hubs clean, polished and shiny for public viewing. Look at it like this – You have just put your house on the market for sale. Passers-by come at anytime, unannounced. You want your house to show as if it were brand new, don’t you? Hubs should be shown like houses.
Often, I find myself editing my hubs. And I can just about guarantee you that if you spruce and spice up your hub, you will get an immediate increase in your hub score. Let me explain the seven things I do, and you can do also, to increase your score and bring in more traffic for your hub.
How Often Do You Edit Your Hubs
Seven Things You Can Do To Increase Your Hub Score
1. Change the Title. Titles are extremely important in drawing attention to your hub. Notice how your audience responds or not, to your hub. If little or no one is visiting, you might have a title problem. Change the wording or decrease the word count. And make it relatable and clearer to understand.
2. Add Suggested Links. This is a good one to use, because you can link to other credible hubs on HubPages. We have some excellent authors here! I do not use all the suggested links because it can get to be a little much and somewhat distracting to the reader – so be discreet in using the link suggestion tool.
3. Remove Bad Photos. These are photos that look blurred and are hard to figure out. Great photos tell a story without words. I have removed photos. Photos are easy to delete when you are in edit mode on your hub.
4. Add Beautiful Pictures. I think some of the best photos are your own. The ones you have taken. One of my favorite photos is one that I took, and I cannot stop looking at the photo. It is bright, cheery, colorful and of high quality. If you have a good camera or cell phone camera, you can take your own photos – you will be surprised at the quality.
5. Comment Yourself. I was the first to comment on one of my hubs. No one else had commented. Since I added a voting poll capsule, I commented on the vote.
6. Reformat. Change the layout of your format to look balanced and pleasing to the eye. You can change your layout at any time. When you first publish your hub, you are asked to choose a layout, which is fine. Always remember that you can change the format or set up in edit.
7. Clean Up Errors and Typographical Errors. This is my last point. In this fast world of hubbing, we do make errors. You will probably find a few here. Hopefully, you will not find any that change the meaning of my message. Unintentional errors and simple typos that do not cause the reader to lose focus, are understandable.
Easy to Miss
When I read a hub, I kindly insert the missing word that someone left out. I am sure that we all do it. For example, “I am going to store” – you and I both know that the reader meant to say, “I am going to the store”. A few errors are acceptable, but when you see a dozen, you get turned off.
When I was in high school, I took typing all the way through 12th grade and was hired to work parttime as a Clerk Typist in my senior year. Then when I went to college, I had more typing, since I was a business major. Typing class was more than just typing. We learned to type with speed, and were allowed only one or two errors to be granted an award. When I earned my 60 wpm (words per minute) award, I was elated. This is the reason why I am harping on having a tidy hub.
Writing On HubPages
It is a privilege to write on HubPages, and I take it very seriously, I hope you do too! HubPages has given us the tools we need to create a professional image to showcase our craft of writing and share valuable insight and information.
Note: Point #3 in the Video - "Capital", is the correct spelling.
Hub Updated Once