- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Getting Traffic for Your Articles
Tips on How to Increase Hub Traffic
There's many ways to increase the traffic to our hubs
1- Use Keywords
- Keywords are the words you will use as a good title for your hub, and the words that are going to be displayed throughout the body of your hub to detail what topics it will cover or points it will express.
2- SEO - Search engine optimization
- Gaining knowledge of SEO, and its full uses is a start, because it's a great way to alert the search engines such as google, as to your web content or hubs presence and overall web page ranking.
- The positioning of such web based contents as a hub, and even comments referencing your hub outside of hubpages, an example is on FB, & with respects to other web content already ranked.
- This all will be displayed by the search engines in the form of linked line references, or also known as web page listings.
- Knowing about how this thing works known as SEO, will indeed make a huge difference in gaining more traffic to your hubs, and anywhere for that matter.
- Simply by referring to your hub title on any other web location; such as typing into a message area something that details about it or your hubs URL, can improve your hubs SEO standing.
- Your hubs title, will in effect create a search engine page connection between that referenced from its words, and your hubs positional placement onto the search engines over a period of time, according to its page viewing statistics.
- This is all due to search engines using web bots(spiders), that are programmed to detect the connections between any sited references and all their respective connections after publishing as web content or data, thus the power of keywords & benefit of accurate titling.
- So if your meta tags, or tags are set properly as well as keywords, you can use them to help improve your chances to get placed onto the search engines. Try using Google Adwords: Keyword Tool
- Web page ranking will come into play after you've given the search engine enough info using such things as keywords, meta tags, and other useful techniques of web content displays, image, video, polls, etc....
3- Hubpages Profile widget
- A Profile Widget is, a cool way for a website owner or blogger to share their hubs profile outside of hubpages, on their very own web location.
- It doesn't work on most social networks, so ask prior to trying such, and the link to this widget can be located above your accolades area of any hub authors profile.
4- Referral trackers
- Use the link to this page link at the very bottom of each and every hub, to get that juicy referral tracker.
- If used effectively you can gain even more revenue back in return for referring your hubs to others outside of hubpages,
- There's many options behind that cool black link (for referral trackers), accessed from the share button,
- For website owners or bloggers they can also use the useful embed codes there as well to add the referral tracker of any hub they choose to their web location.
5- Form Effective Communications
- You need to use all forms of communications within hubpages such as forums, Q&A, commenting, following people, but make sure you read their hubs through & through.
- By making effective feedback responses in many forms people are bound to see who you are and what you're into, your thoughts count and travel far here, as well as leaving your digital footprints each step of the way.
- Also communicate efforts with family members and friends & if you can go to networking events in your local township community.
- Make sure to establish trust and loyalty first prior to sharing such info about your hubs, because many will frown upon what would appear to them as forceful acts of sharing.
- Establishing a web of trust is the most important part of making effective communications on hubpages as well as outside of its digital walls.
- So if people trust you, they are also going to respond more often.
6- Images and video content
- If you want to keep them search engines ranks and stats up, thus more traffic to your hubs, you need to keep your viewers occupied while their on your hub.
- By using great images as informative graphical displays on your hub, and useful relevant videos it can get the job done.
- Don't forget that this is the web, and the way it works is generally by the laws of attraction.
- So if your hub is less attractive the less people will find it of interest and the less they'll be willing to share it outside of hubpages as well.
7- Proof reading, Editing & Titling helps
- Traffic tends to pick up Amazingly if you learn to Title tune your hubs titles, for those that get the lowest results, which can be found on your hubpages account section.
- Simply click on the my account tab.
- Look to the left of the screen for the title tuner link.
- click it and then adjust your titles as you see fit. (Image is shown below)
Having trouble finding the title tuner - Look up above
- Looking above for the title tuner link, you can see towards the left there in black. There's the statistics link, then feedback, and so on and so fourth.
- The title tuner link, is directly below the comments link there.
- Click that Title Tuner link, then once you get to the title tuner screen you can start making any and all adjustments to help reposition your hub for much more effective SEO.
- There's many suggested keywords that the tuner will suggest, some will help and others may not make any sense what-so-ever, in terms of your original titling
- Just try to use your common sense from that point onward.
9- Creating Summary's
- You need to add a summary to your hub.
- To begin writing a summary, you need to be in the editing module section.
- If your new to hubpages and haven't started your first hub.
- Click the start a new hub link at the top right of the website.
- You must be logged in as a member to start a hub.
- If you already a member than simply hit the edit button of your hub.
- Than Look at the far right of the screen of your hub.
- Look for the Summary section or summary tab.
- Click the link to reveal the summary capsule.
- Create an informative summary.
- This will help the search engine to summarize what your hub is about.
- This also helps to showcase your hub on the event timeline or hubpages feed.
- The hubtivity events feed are accessible by clicking the Hubpages title above.
- Using back links helps your hub become much more reputable across the hubpages network, because its how people can utilize your hub as a web resource.
- Say for instance you create a collection of hubs that relate to the same subject, this is where it truly comes in handy.
- Back linking on hubpages, will in return help people to navigate through such references, and be able to find much more relevance to certain topics of interest.
- This is done also to help share networking connections from one hubber to the next, especially if you have yet to built such a hub collection on a particular topic.
- Helping fellow hubbers is encouraged on hubpages, and will also help you gain better notoriety overall, in this awesome hubpages community here.
- Creating back links works like this, all you need to do is find the relevant hubs you like to back link, than copy the URL, also known as the web address.
- After copying the URL to the clipboard, re-type the title on the area you choose the link to appear, using the text editor capsule's linking feature. (Each URL for such relevant hubs will need to be done the same way).
- Looking below, you should see an image of the Text Editor Capsule & the link capsule.
Text Editor Capsule (Click Start a new hub & hit edit to get here)
Steps to create a Back link
- Above is an image of the Text capsule.
- Type the title for the relevant hub
- Highlight the area of interest to back link
- Follow that Green arrow above in the text capsule, to locate the link image
- Click the link image there
Link Capsule - (Appears after hitting the link image)
- You should now see a new window pop up (The Link capsule image above)
- Your currently in the link capsule, which isn't visible at first
- Paste the URL you saved earlier, to the blank URL space, as seen above
- Hit the green insert button, after pasting that URL of your relevant hub
- This completes the back linking procedure
- Repeat these steps for creating the back link, listings for each relevant hub
- Back links are also link listings, that will become a means to navigate your hubs.
- These listing of hubs can now be referenced for your visitors to gain access.
- Each hub should now have a connecting navigational link to one another, if done right, & they can now be referred to as back links.
- Users now can go forward and backward navigating each page of specific reference.
- Using groups, as explained below at the end of the hub is an easier way to create these back links.
- Many search engines also create back links automatically, if your hub gains more & more traffic, as well as gets shared across multiple networks.
Categorizing & Groups
This is the final set of tips I'll be adding here, but I'm sure there's loads more, because the web is vast.
There's really no single method or grouping of methods that will work to improve your hubs traffic, using many varying methods is actually the best in my book.
The topics section can give you an idea of what this all means as well.
- Make sure to give your new hub the best category it can be placed in, that's including sub-categories as well.
Examples: Sports, Entertainment, Science, History, Education, Parenting etc...
- You need to have an idea of what's the main theme of your hub or subject
- Using the category option provided by hubpages, choose one that fits this theme
- Make sure not to simply go with what's selected for you, verify it first
- If you just create a hub without looking at every option you have, your doing it wrong
- Creating groups helps to organize your hubs
- You can group your hub into a sort of collection which helps in the navigation process of many as well, which hubpages will generate back links by doing so.
- To make a group its accessible from your account section
Looking to learn much more
Visit the Hubpages Learning Center it will lead you the way to learning much more. Hubpages is a powerful writers community helping assist writers worldwide to get their voices and words heard on the web. Join us Today! Earn a passive income writing what you enjoy.
If you like also give a cool hub a try, known as The SEO Rapper, it features a cool new Youtube sensation where a new Rapper has been discovered & is becoming an Internet legend, rapping about the web.