Triumphant Return to Hub Pages.
Whatever happened to Johnnyco12?
Hello, to all my Hubpages followers, friends, and family. This your old pal Johnny Newell (aka Johnnyco12) I am writing this little hub to ya to reintroduce myself to those of you who haven't yet met me or perhaps forgotten me. It is also an explanation to all of my friends of how I just dropped out of sight. So here goes, follow me as we reminisce.
In April of 2010 I was injured in an automobile accident, the injuries would have been considered mild for any normal person but since I was born with Spina Bifida it had a devastating effect on me. I suffered back and nerve damage in the lower left side so I was forced to curtail many of my activities. Sadly writing took a back seat to rehab, then it was all about getting our family back on our feet again,( no pun intended).
My time away from writing was not all a bad thing. I used that time to take a good long look at my writing, writing style and content. After close examination I couldn't help but conclude that I needed to make some changes in how and what I wrote.
1. Writing with an agenda, whether you agree or disagree with it, I've found that writing with an agenda prohibits a good writer in the many fields of writing they would otherwise have access to.
2. A good bit of my writings had few references, this can be misinterpreted as lack of research or just plain lazy.
3. Failure to follow-up on subjects, a good writer should never publish part 1 of a two part series without having part two at least 3/4 of the way done. This is a sure fire way to lose your reading audience.
4. Refusal to write what the readers want, if you are writing hubs for yourself don't expect to make any money at it, it would be cheaper to get a diary.
5. This is one thing I am confident that I did right, Continue to write responsibly. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU WRITE, take it seriously.
I will be depending on my followers and fans to give me good constructive criticism and help me reach these goals.
How am I doing now?
Ironically I am writing this hub from my hospital bed, recovering from a knee surgery ( unrelated to my auto accident). Be that as it may, I have been planning my literary come back on Hub pages for a long time. I felt if I didn't do it now I may never do it, so I am turning my down time between PT into writing some hubs, "man it's great to be home!