- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Why I love Hub Pages; one year of Hubbing
After a year of hubbing, some reflections
It was about a year ago that my daughter Gill introduced me to blogging and I was soon hooked. She warned me that it was addictive and an ego trip and after a year I have no reason to contradict her. It has been a great experience. Here are the reasons I really enjoy hub pages:
1. It is really easy to blog. Although I have not even started to explore the many options offered to expand the experience, and I may one day begin to do that. At present I can write and publish articles and photos with great ease.
2. The blogs I follow and read are amazing and have challenged my thinking and introduced me to interesting people, places and thoughts. This is important in life. I could perhaps have found much of the same information elsewhere, but hub pages made it easily available.
3. To share the many photos that I have taken with others is fun. Why have thousands of photos on my computer and not have an avenue to send them out into the world?
4. Comments arrive on a regular basis and are almost without exception positive. The hub pages community is one that thrives on sharing, caring and exploring the world.We all need positive feedback in life and Hub pages provides that All hubbers are proud of what they do. In a world where there are so many negative things taking place this has been a really positive one.
5. It has been good for me to write the stories and articles that I have. Like many people I know realistically that I will never publish anything but here in a way I in fact do. Yes, it is self publishing, and so what. Every time someone takes the time to open a hub I am delighted and when they take the time to comment, I am even more delighted. Thanks to all who have read and commented on my articles.
6. Is it an ego trip? Yes, it really is, but at the same time it hopefully is not harming anyone and so let me indulge in this way.The badges that are awarded by hub pages make me feel great
7. Is in addictive? Yes, but this is something we can control and so I set limits as to the time that I spend on my computer. I like to think that my experience in Hub pages has broadened my mind and improved my writing skills. That can only be good. It has certainly challenged my imagination and got me thinking about what I see around me!
Thank you Hub Pages! Long may you continue to make it possible for people like me to enjoy many hours of fun. In the process we may even learn something about our world and improve our skills.