- HubPages Tutorials and Community
Secrets for Getting More Traffic To Your Hubs Through The Power of RSS Feeds in 2012.
How To Get More People Reading Your Hubs Through RSS Feeds
Why RSS feeds are the most powerful internet marketing tool today
I talk to a lot of internet marketers, social media marketing professionals, and bloggers who seem to ignore the the usage of RSS feeds. Big mistake! RSS feeds are the most powerful internet marketing tool, more powerful than social media, blogs, and twitter put together.
Read on to see how to get more people to subscribe to your hubs and blogs using RSS Feeds. I have more hubs like this as well.
I have gotten so much traffic to my blogs because I push my RSS feeds and you can as well. It is all free and easy.
In this hub, I will tell you how to leverage the power of RSS feeds to get more visitors, readers and subscribers to your blogs and hubs.
One note: You came here for secrets. I list the secrets at the bottom of this hub, but please this hub to understand how NOT utilizing RSS feeds can lose you blog readers and hub followers.
Table of Contents For This Hub
- Why RSS feeds are the most powerful internet marketing tool today
- What does Seinfeld have to do with RSS Feed? A Lot!!!
- A recap of the benefits, advantages, and power of RSS Feeds:
- Pushing Your Hubpages.com or Blog RSS Feed. How Can You Get People To Subscribe To Your RSS Feeds?
- What Types of Web Pages and Internet Marketing Use RSS Feeds?
- Here Are More Hubs from other great hubbers on Using and Reading RSS Feeds
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication. Forget, for a moment "Really SImple". It is the term "Syndication" that you need to understand? Think Seinfeld or your favorite TV Show...
Syndication simply means "distributing your content to other channels". It is that simple and not really technical at all. That all means that your blog or hub can be distributed onto other websites automatically every single time you add a new hub or blog post. THOSE websites can publish YOUR hubs and/or blogs.
All of the people using YOUR RSS feed will automatically see every single time you add a new hub or blog post without your needing to inform them. The new hub just shows up in their RSS reader. That's really powerful and saves you and your subscribers a lot of time.
With RSS feeds, nobody has to check your blog or Hubpages profile for new content. They just see the new hubs automatically.
Think Seinfeld or any Television Program with Reruns...That's What Syndication Is All About! Here is how it pertains to your hubs or blogs...
What does Seinfeld have to do with RSS Feed? A Lot!!!
Ok, you may not be a Seinfeld fan or you may love the show, any television show that has reruns is what syndication is all about and TV reruns demonstrate the power of RSS Feeds. How?
When Seinfeld was on the air on NBC from 1989 to 1998, you could only get it on NBC. Ever since it went off the air 13 years ago, it has aired as reruns on TBS, Fox, WB and other local television stations. Those 3 networks now provide Seinfeld content and make it easy for MORE people to see the Seinfeld content.
Do you see how this can relate to YOUR blog or Hub content? You can have OTHER websites show YOUR hubs on any of their web pages. That is a POWERFUL Internet marketing strategy!!!
If you get 100 websites to publish your RSS Feed on their websites, they ALL publish your content.
A recap of the benefits, advantages, and power of RSS Feeds:
- Every time you add a new hub to your hubpages.com profile, those people who have subscribed to your RSS feed will automatically see your new hub and be able to read it in their mobile devices or RSS reader.
- You only have to update your information once and everyone who has subscribed (1 subscriber or a million subscribers) automatically see the same content.
- RSS Feeds are can be displayed as regular web content without the need of regular web design techniques to add it.
- Since RSS uses the XML technology, almost all web applications can read your RSS feed and publish it, because most computer programming languages can understand XML.
Pushing Your Hubpages.com or Blog RSS Feed. How Can You Get People To Subscribe To Your RSS Feeds?
- Distribute your RSS feed like any other website or blog. Push the web address or URL.
- Add your Blog to Latest Blog Posts http://www.LatestBlogPosts.com.
- Have your web designer create you a program that displays your RSS feed on your website and they should create a separate web page for it so Google and Yahoo can index them. This way, your RSS feed comes up on search engines.
- Use free RSS distribution services like Yahoo's Feedburner which not only gives you internet marketing tools for your RSS feed, but also measures stats on the number of subscribers you have and what parts of the world people are subscribing from.
- Register your RSS feed with http://marketing.feedables.com/
- Add your RSS Feed to http://www.press-feed.com/
- Add your RSS Feed to your Facebook page through its offering of over 10 Facebook applications parsing RSS Feeds.
- If you have a Wordpress blog, use Wordpress' Comments RSS Feed and let your RSS subscribers see how popular your blogs really are...Yes, folks, Wordpress has an RSS Feed just for comments on your blog.
- Get a free RSS Feed for all your social media including Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress and more with Hootsuite at http://hootsuite.com/
What Types of Web Pages and Internet Marketing Use RSS Feeds?
- Your Twitter profile
- Your Wordpress blog
- Your Blogspot Blog
- Some Facebook pages that use RSS Applications
- YouTube Video Channels
Finally, to those people who do not know just how powerful RSS feeds really are, check this out:
The New York Times has over 25 RSS feeds on their website. Check them out athttp://www.nytimes.com/services/xml/rss/index.html and you will know what I am talking about. The New Times syndicates EVERYTHING on their website through RSS Feeds.
Here Are More Hubs from other great hubbers on Using and Reading RSS Feeds
Secret #1: Realize That Mobile Is More Powerful Than Computers
This is a huge secret that a lot of website owners and hubbers miss. Mobile is HUGE in 2012. You really need to embrace mobile the same way computers are embraced. Everyone has an RSS feed reader (whether they know it or not). Tell your hub readers to read YOUR hub in their mobile RSS readers.
Secret #2: Make sure your RSS feed is visible to everyone!
Not understanding this secret can cause you to lose followers. One of the first ways of getting more hub traffic is to ask people to subscribe to your hubs. This secret will allow you to get more followers through Google Reader, iPhone apps, Android apps, and more.