- HubPages Tutorials and Community»
- Getting Traffic for Your Articles
25 Google AdWords Trends Prompts With One Million or More Searches Per Month
Using Keyword Topics
As a contributor to any writing site such as Hubpages, Squidoo, or Redgage, traffic to a hub or lens is the driving force behind earnings. Traffic to a hub increases its views which in turn increases its ranking. Articles with high ranking equal great earnings. Using the Google AdWords Keyword Topics tool is a free way to not only test the effectiveness of a topic you are writing on, but to also find the topics that Internet readers are actually searching for. The Google AdWords Keyword Tool can provide you with the rate of effectiveness of a title or keyword you are writing about, and can also provide a list of topics searched for globally and locally. In addition, the Google Keyword Tool indicates the amount of competition a given subject has on Google. An article that is searched millions of times per month and has low competition on Google could be a potentially lucrative writing subject for writers.
Finding Key Words on Google AdWords
Go to www.googleadwords.com. If you are a part of Google's AdSense program, you will already have an account. If you are not a participant, you may need to register.
I entered "ball room dancing" under the word or phrase. This takes us to screen two where you can see how many searches are done each month locally and globally for "ball room dancing." The middle column indicates the level of competition for this subject on the Internet.
This tool is also effective in "tweaking" the titles to your Hubs and Lenses. Readership for this topic increases if you use "dance schools" to your title or as a tag to your article.
25 Keyword Suggestions Searched by Millions
25. Why Are We Here?-1,220,000 Global Searches per Month
24. Prom Dress - 4,090,000 Global Searches per Month
23. What is Acne? - 9,140,000 Global Searches per Month
22. Trolls (Internet) - 2,740,000 Global Searches per Month
21. What is Religion? - 11,100,000 Global Searches per Month
20. Life Insurance- 4,090,000 Global Searches per Month
19. Baby Names- 6,120,000 Global Searches per Month
18. Pregnancy- 30,400,000 Global Searches per Month
17. Wedding Photography- 2,740,000 Global Searches per Month
16. Kamasutra- 6,120,000 Global Searches per Month
15. X-Box- 55,600,00 Global Searches per Month
14. How to Cheat- 68,000,000 Global Searches per Month
13. End of the World- 5,000,000 Global Searches per Month
12. Star Wars Legos- 2,740,000 Global Searches per Month
11. Death Penalty- 1,830,000 Global Searches per Month
10. L.A. Weight Loss- 11,100,000 Global Searches per Month
9. The Beatles- 7,480,000 Global Searches per Month
8. How Can I Get Rich?- 20,400,000 Global Searches per Month
7. Dating Site- 2,740,000 Global Searches per Month
6. Lady Gaga- 20,400,000 Global Searches per Month
5. Ways to Make Money- 1,500,000,000 Global Searches per Month
4. Who is God?- 55,600,000 Global Searches per Month
3. What is Philosophy? - 5,000,000 Global Searches per Month
2. College Football- 2,740,000 Global Searches per Month
1. Soccer- 45,500,000 Global Searches per Month
*Please note: These statistics are subject to change. These are random selections in no particular order.**
Maximizing the Benefits of Google AdWords
In addition to finding hot writing topics and competion for your articles, Google's AdWords Keywords are a great way to generate useful tags and ideas to add to your Hubs, Lenses, or other articles. Every click counts!
Hubs on Hubpages Success:
- How 31,000 monthly page views made January 2012 my best hub month ever
Find out how my hub reached 31,000 page views in one month.
- How My Hub Went from Zero to 3,000 Page Views in Just Under Eight Hours
Find out how my hub went from zero to 3,000 page views in under eight hours.
- Going Viral: How I Got 5000 Hub Views in 24 Hours by Utilizing Facebook
A look a how an article on Hub Pages received 5000+ views in 24 hours.
- How Many Page Views Did it Take to Reach My First Hubpages $50 Payout?
Exploring how many page views it takes to reach Hubpage's $50.00 first payout requirement and how I finally increased traffic to my hubs.