Year 2013: My Fourth Year on HubPages
Weaving some resolutions
How time flies.
It seems that it's only yesterday when I started activating my account on HubPages and published my first hubs.
A lot of opportunities opened at the door of this hubber. Those strings of little successes are part of his life now and help motivate him to continue contributing on this awesome writing site.
He gained followers and friends, but also lost some.
The continues changes on the site's templates are just part of the growing audience and readership of HubPages.
As HP staff often say via the Forum thread, there will always be positive tweaking and maneuverings in order to battle any changes in the hub world.
As part of my renewed enthusiasm, I am now embarking to continue supporting the programs that the site are offering to all its hubbers.
Aside from selection of HubNuggets every week, Hub of the Day feature, Apprenticeship program and the perennial contest and awarding of exceptional hubbers, I will try being active on Inspirational Hubs that help boost both the ratings and payout of my site.
In order to fulfill this, a silent pledge dawned on me that the HubPages Ads Policy program gives more earnings than Google AdSense. I am now wondering why the latter is not giving monetization the way before I activated the earning program of the site.
I'll be more resilient and vigilant when putting and attaching RSS, backlinks, the sharing and tweeting.
Although, Pinterest is more likely to give boost in my earnings, I still rely on Facebook and Twitter. These three sharing sites will always highlight the outcome of our hubs.
My plan to share HubPages to my former high school batch mates during the program of our reunion will surely give positive twist if they're interested on adding passive income into their portfolio. (It will remain to be seen until, March 2013). My probationary period onboard this new ship will end on February, so, I'll still have time to encourage them to join my hubbing and blogging site and share the positivism on this phrase: "How To Make Money Online" without scamming them.
Travel Man gawking at his netbook
Hubs that matter
My own relics are now filing up here on HubPages. Lol! What I mean is that I don't have time upgrading my idle hubs. So, my profile score suffers. I don't mind, though, but I'm afraid I'll be warned to do it ahead of 2013.
Reasons? Main reason on how I can do such change is that because, prepaid internet connection here in the Philippines is a huge problem among online users. So, I still have to utter a silent plea to let the server release a larger packet of data.
I can't thank enough fellow hubbers and guest users as they bother to leave comments on hubs that personally matter to them.
- Hubs on Agriculture is drawing interest to readers. I have a guest user, she's a fan already. She keeps on coming back to my hub, "100 Uses of Coconut". She's only in elementary grade, so, she can't join the HP family yet.
- Hubs on Personal Hygiene is the in-thing, too. Hair problem is a worldwide issue. I still have to answer queries on how to regain the growth of y reader's hair as they frequent my hub, "How to Make your own Hair Loss Treatment at Home".
- I was bothered by an irate commenter and new hubber, as he/she repeatedly reiterated that I should review my Journalism 101 because of the hub: "Politics Watch in the Philippines: President Benigno Aquino's Achievement for 2010-2011". He/She keeps on insisting that my hub is too self-serving or just a yellow propaganda, where in fact, it's just the English version of what P-noy said in Tagalog (Filipino) during his SONA (State-of-the-Nation Address).
- Advocacy on different issues, like Child Labor, Sex Slavery and the grim side of the society opened my eyes to be vigilant on the need of others. Social issues are now filing up in the storage data of HP and some of it are being tackled by the governments of the world. Let's say for instance, "Climate Change" and a lot more.
- Hubs on Politics and Religion, Travel, Places and Food, Arts, Do-It-Yourself (DIY) are also the dominant articles that you can find on HubPages. How To's, Parenting, Achievements, Showbusiness (Movies, Personalities, and the like) will always complete those easy-to-find hubs.
If mental block or memory gap attacks me, then, it's time to use the tool of HubPages that I can claim any hot topic if I can't produce my own ideas.
Google's Authorship Markup
Now that the competition is fierce in writing online, Google as one of the main affiliates of HubPages devised a way on how a hubber or blogger can claim ownership of his or her articles that are published either at HP or Blogger.com.
Enters Authorship Markup. It is extensively discussed by a prolific hubber, Sir Glen Stok. This new feature on Google will determine the veracity of one's articles. This procedure will eliminate plagiarism or copying of other's write ups.
As you claim your authorship, it will also give you shield from other who are capturing or copying and pasting your articles.
Like what happened to me, an Indonesian blogger (I forgot the name) Google translated my article (en toto). Although, he linked it to my original article, I felt bad because of his unannounced invasion on my blog site.
I was also stunned by people who are curating other articles. Now that I understand its purpose, I am now open for others to store my article at curate.com.
Nevertheless, having to claim my authorship will be my priority at Google.com. I had to do it because my earnings sank dramatically on Google AdSense while on HubPages Ad Policy, it keeps on increasing.
HubPages is a community of writers
Really, the world is getting smaller because of HubPages.
Community means you must get involved with what is happening around it and get to know well your neighborhood.
Although, we are virtually intertwined through browsing profiles, commenting on hubs and adding followers, the GOLDEN RULE in order to survive is to participate on the activities being launched by the site.
I greatly admire billybuc, a hubber who started just early this year 2012 but is now being dubbed as the fastest earner in his batch.
Simply because, according to him, he treats his work on HubPages as a regular job. He revealed his schedule in one of his hubs and frankly said that "The other aspect of HubPages, and one I think a lot of newcomers don’t realize, is that this is a writing community. It is a community of supportive people. We get feedback from other writers, and we find much-needed encouragement from them, and in turn we give feedback and encouragement." (billybuc aka Bill Holland)
He further explained that writing should never be a hobby. It should be considered as work because that's what we do here all year-round.
Write and Earn via HubPages
Earning Money on HubPages
- My HubPages Earnings and Progress for 2012
Here is a month-to-month account of my earnings and experience here at HubPages for 2012! Will be updated at the end of every month throughout the year.
- Making Money with Hubpages after 50 Hubs
Making money with hubpages after 50 hubs is very possible. I will reveal the methods I have learnt with hubpages. This will help to earn some serious income.
- HubPages Question: How Do You Do It, Billybuc?
The writer answers a question that is often asked of him: how does he do so much on HubPages?