I missed most of March myself, but there have been a lot of changes in the last few months. For example...
1) There are now some special recipe capsules which not only help with formatting, but will make it so the recipe hub is viewed as a recipe by google if the ratings capsule is used.
2) A lot going on with video - you can add your own, convert hubs to video hubs etc.
3) HubPages is testing out some new layouts in the food & cooking, technology, and fashion & beauty topic categories. A lot of feedback has been received in the forums about these changes.
4) A new profile page layout is set to roll out sometime this summer.
5) You can leave comments to answers and I think maybe even earn somehow from questions you've asked but I am not completely sure about this or how it works or if that is exactly correct.
6) The slideshow has changed for photos on hubs. You no longer can disable it either.
7) There is a cooking/recipe contest coming up for June
That's what I can think of off the top of my head. You should check out the HP blog. Be sure to click on April and March (under "archives" on the right too). http://blog.hubpages.com/
Glad to see you back and hope your move went smoothly.