4FoodSafety profile image 80

When comments are made, why don't we show the location of the commenter?

I have been reading some product reviews in the comment section of the Hub and have wondered if company has stacked the deck or if the comments are from various geographical areas. Also, as an author can we click and show the source location or IP address country of origin?

• 4FoodSafety profile image

Kelly Kline Burnett (4FoodSafety) 5 years ago

I agree the city, state especially the zip code should not be displayed but what about just showing the beginning - the country code of origin? We are an international community and it would highlight our diversity.

• 4FoodSafety profile image

Privacy is a huge to me also. Perhaps it should be the author's choice to show the location. If it is pertinent, the author could decide to show the country. I never would want to show the city or compromise privacy in any way.