kallini2010 profile image 87

How do you feel when someone has chosen the Best Answer to his own question?

Before the option of choosing the best answer was introduced, I felt that all answers are important and interesting because the mystery of what author of the question thought made it open for thought. Now, every time I see when the BEST answer is chosen, I feel nothing but the bias of the one who asked the question. As if the only thing that the author is seeking is the confirmation of his own opinion. And when the author says "thank you" and comments to every answer but yours, I feel like I should not have bothered in the first place. What do you think?

calculus-geometry profile image86

TR Smith (calculus-geometry) says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

I am seriously re-thinking my strategy of dealing with questions - but one of my rules is - if I asked a question and I got an answer - my vote is always UP - meaning "thank you for taking the trouble". Unless it is abusive or inappropriate.

Sherry Hewins profile image95

Sherry Hewins says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Thank you. My view on selecting the best answer is this - if it's time to select the best answer, the question must be closed. I think "the best" creates the atmosphere of competition, not thinking and sharing.

rutley profile image72

rutley says

SidKemp profile image94

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

Mr. Happy profile image83

Mr. Happy says

Jeff Gamble profile image81

Jeff Gamble says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

In the grand scheme - nothing matters. There is a new principle to consider - "It's not important". I agree.

RebuildingJobs profile image60

RebuildingJobs says

JBrumett profile image60

JBrumett says

• kallini2010 profile image

kallini2010 4 years ago

Yes, you are quite right - I once asked the doctor who gave in my opinion and opinions of others rather questionable advice "Are you not afraid? Will you feel responsible later?" and he said "No, people don't follow advice anyways".