Rebecca2904 profile image 80

Why do people refer to themselves in the third person in their Hubpages bios?

I've noticed quite a lot of people refer to themselves in the third person in their Hubpages bio and I was wondering why? Is there some guideline somewhere that says we should, or does it seem more professional? For me personally (don't hate me if your bio is in the third person!) it seems a little bit strange. It's quite obvious that we're talking about ourselves there, it's a little like a 'meet the author' section, and I'm sure that most people don't refer to themselves in the third person usually...

Ms Dee profile image86

Best Answer Deidre Shelden (Ms Dee) says

• Rebecca2904 profile image

Rebecca (Rebecca2904) 4 years ago

Thanks for your answer! It does make a lot of sense if Hupages all used to be combined. Thanks for clearing that up!

NateB11 profile image92

Nathan Bernardo (NateB11) says

• Rebecca2904 profile image

Rebecca (Rebecca2904) 4 years ago

Thanks for your comment! I understand that it might seem more professional but... it seems strange to me, introducing yourself as if your weren't yourself, it's a little odd haha!

Georgie Lowery profile image95

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) says

• Rebecca2904 profile image

Rebecca (Rebecca2904) 4 years ago

Thanks for your answer! I find it really awkward too, I even find it awkward talking about people who have the same name as me 'Rebecca did this... not me, obviously, I'm not insane' haha