Sherry Hewins profile image 98

Do you think the "latest" answer to a question should be featured first?

I know you can sort the list to show the latest answer, it just seems like it should be the default setting. It seems odd to me when I answer a question that already has many answers and my new answer ends up in the middle of the pack.

Best Answer B A N K A I guy says

• Sherry Hewins profile image

Sherry Hewins 5 years ago

Thanks for answering, it's not an issue when there are few answers, but I answered a question that had 15 other answers. My answer was right in the middle as soon as I posted it. Plus the order changes. It just makes it easy to miss some answers.

relache profile image90

Raye (relache) says

• Sherry Hewins profile image

Sherry Hewins 5 years ago

It certainly is obscure, it almost seems random sometimes. First to last would be OK too. If people put "me too" answers it's easier to follow if they're in the order they're received. Oh well, I can always resort them.

Larry Wall says

• Sherry Hewins profile image

Sherry Hewins 5 years ago

Thanks for answering Larry, but I was asking about the order of comments here in the Q&A section. By default they are sorted by "Best." But the criteria they judge "Best" by seems a bit arbitrary.