Greensleeves Hubs profile image 94

Does it matter if one adds a non keyword to a hub title, while keeping all the key search words?

I always end my hub titles with 'A Greensleeves Page' (my username) so all my hubs are instantly recognisable and linked together by a common identity in much the same way as Wikipedia entries on Google always come up in the search as 'Subject Matter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'). (eg: the title of my most recent hub is 'Reflections on Beauty - A Greensleeves Page'. Does this policy detract at all from the success of getting the hubs high on Google searches? Would 'Reflections on Beauty' without the addition of my username, receive more hits or will it make no significant difference?

Marisa Wright profile image94

Best Answer Marisa Wright says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 4 years ago

Marisa, thanks. I take your first point, and can see how a related problem could arise in the example you give. It's a shame tho'. Presumably, large sites like Wikipedia are exempt from that penalty, or are big enough to ignore the effects of it?

livewithrichard profile image85

Richard Bivins (livewithrichard) says

• Greensleeves Hubs profile image

Greensleeves Hubs 4 years ago

Thanks. I am sure that it won't increase traffic, but I do like the idea of having a common theme to all my hub titles. My only concern is if it actually harms the traffic as its not strictly relevent. I guess I may have to experiment as you suggest.