jezebellamina profile image 89

What is the best way to save a copy of each of my hubs to my computer? How do YOU save a backup?

Is saving a page as a 'web archive' a reasonable way to save a copy of each of my hubs? If something were to happen to HubPages would that web archive be accessible to me (including hyperlinks?) to then copy and paste? I have been copying and pasting images and all into a new Text Editor file and saving as a Rich Text File with Attachments. Works fine, just wondering if there's a better (faster) way. I guess part of my question is really "what the heck is a web archive file, exactly...?" How do you save copies of your Hubs?

Best Answer calculus-geometry says

• jezebellamina profile image

Jessica (jezebellamina) 4 years ago

THIS is what I was looking for! I literally spent hours over the last 2 days (since HP was off and on) saving all my hubs one at a time by copying and pasting into Text Edit and saving as a RTF w/attachments (to preserve the links). This is awesome!

Georgie Lowery profile image94

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) says

• jezebellamina profile image

Jessica (jezebellamina) 4 years ago

Thx Georgie! Do you save as a web archive? I was wondering if the links will be preserved if anything happens to HubPages? I'm not really sure how the dynamics of that type of file work...should have tested while HP was down for hours yesterday AM!!

cat on a soapbox profile image85

Catherine Tally (cat on a soapbox) says

• jezebellamina profile image

Jessica (jezebellamina) 4 years ago

Thx, Duffsmom! I don't always write in my text editor, and I almost always do most of my editing in HP. As my hubs evolve over time the original becomes a far cry from the 'living' published version so it's hard to keep up w/ links & everything!