What is the reasoning behind not being able to change the URL even before one publishes a hub?

I know a title can be changed, and I understand about the URL and google, etc., but if a hub has not been published, then why it is one cannot change the URL if during the process of writing the hub, one determines a better title, but cannot change the URL? Seems I remember being able to view the URL before publishing under the old format. What happens too if you notice a mistake, is it there forever?

Best Answer Larry Wall says

Hi Larry, thanks for the answer, but if you just unpublish or even delete will it allow one to republish with the same title, just not the same URL?

Uninvited Writer profile image82

Susan Keeping (Uninvited Writer) says

Oh really, wow, thanks for the information. It's just when an email comes in and I see the URL, it reminds me of my mistake. But I am glad it does not hurt the hub or anything. I think the title and key words are key, but Google may not.

Pollyannalana profile image79

Pollyannalana says

Hi Pollyannalana, yes, I have done that numerous times, but the URL doesn't change when you change the title, once you have figured out a better title for the hub when you first initially started writnig the hub.

writing4action profile image74

writing4action says

Thanks so much for the answer. Okay, I knew it had something to do with Google, so is it best to just delete it and start all over or can you just unpublish it and copy and paste all info into a new hub with the correct URL?

paxwill says

Oh, thank you so much. I did not see the forum. I do so hope this will change as that would make things a lot easier than having to delete or unpublish a hub due to the URL is not correct or there is a mistake in it.