MichaelJohnMele profile image 50

Anyone here on Hub Pages aspiring to be a professional writer?

I am aspiring to become a professional writer...hoping one day to write for some kind of video game publication or something similar...but I'll take whatever I can get in the meantime for the experience. I use Hub Pages mainly to practice my craft and as a showcase of my work for potential employers. My question is, am I wasting my time here...is there a better alternative and/or a better way to go about things? As you can see from my Hubs my writing style is very unorthodox, which I know is not for eveybody, but I'm hopeful it will one day seperate me from the heard. I welcome any feedback.

TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95

TIMETRAVELER2 says

• MichaelJohnMele profile image

Michael John Mele (MichaelJohnMele) 4 years ago

You are right...if you do make any money doing it (regardless of the amount), you are a professional. I guess I should have said I wanted to make a living out of it...that would have been a better choice of words.

SidKemp profile image95

Sid Kemp (SidKemp) says

• MichaelJohnMele profile image

Thank you so much for the advice...I greatly appreciate it. What books have you written, I would be interested in checking them out?

• MichaelJohnMele profile image

You have a lot of good advice...very helpful and gives me a lot to think about it. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question and for giving me the benefit of your wisdom...I really appreciate it.

flashmakeit profile image59

flashmakeit says

• MichaelJohnMele profile image

I have thought about writting a book, but I just don't know where to start. I have a lot of interesting (and off-the-wall) ideas...just not too sure it would sell.

• MichaelJohnMele profile image

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I was completely unaware of that. I went ahead and corrected some things on my hubs, so in about 24 hours or so they should all show up.