drmiddlebrook profile image 94

Are you "branded" as a Hub Pages writer? If so, what is your brand, and how is it helpful to you?

While I believe it is helpful for Hubbers to have an identifiable "brand image," I know it is not something that's easily accomplished. We all have many interests, so our brand must be able to provide an "umbrella" for a lot of interests. I'd like to know how those who feel they've accomplished the branding feat, have done it.

LuisEGonzalez profile image79

Luis E Gonzalez (LuisEGonzalez) says

• drmiddlebrook profile image

Sallie B Middlebrook PhD (drmiddlebrook) 4 years ago

Wow, that's awesome LuisEGonzalez. This is exactly what I meant, by the way. You do indeed seem to have discovered your "brand," and it is working for you.

Elderberry Arts profile image96

Claire (Elderberry Arts) says

agilitymach profile image99

agilitymach says

• drmiddlebrook profile image

agilitymach, thanks for such a detailed response. I think I'm realizing from reading your comment and others that a Hubber's brand is likely going to be focused on what they like or write about most, that people enjoy reading.

ronhi profile image82

ronhi says

• drmiddlebrook profile image

ronhi, may I ask what are some of the advantages of branding that you've found?

tmbridgeland profile image83

tmbridgeland says

Li Galo profile image87

Li Galo says

• drmiddlebrook profile image

Sounds like a brand to me, and like you're writing on topics you're interested in, on which you are a "subject matter expert." What benefits/advantages have you realized from sticking primarily to writing about travel?

austinhealy profile image84

Bernard J. Toulgoat (austinhealy) says

• drmiddlebrook profile image

You and I have similar goals. I'm in love with writing fiction as well, but also enjoy writing non-fiction. Good luck developing your brand, and I'm glad you're learning from your efforts.

nehanatu86 profile image86

nehanatu86 says

• drmiddlebrook profile image

Although HP does sort of encourage branding, I'm not aware of any accolades given for it (although it might be a nice idea!). I guess you could say a brand would identify you as someone who writes on a certain topic or area of interest.

Jo_Goldsmith11 profile image60

Jo_Goldsmith11 says

• drmiddlebrook profile image

Sallie B Middlebrook PhD (drmiddlebrook) 3 years ago

Thanks for responding Jo Goldsmith. "Branding" usually comes from specializing in the topics you write about, so that you are seen as an expert in an area. Or, you could offer advice to people in a variety of topics, based on your area of expertise.