MarleneB profile image 96

Why is HubPages considered a "sketchy" website?

I recently read a B2C (Business 2 Community) article that considered HubPages to be a sketchy website. The article also listed Wikipedia and eHow as websites that you should not link your website to or you would suffer the consequence of being downgraded for linking to one of these sketchy websites.

Anti-Valentine profile image93

Anti-Valentine says

• MarleneB profile image

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) 4 years ago

Oh, good point, Anti-Valentine, good point. We can't believe everything we read on the internet. After reading that article, I was quite curious. I wondered if I was missing something. Couldn't see why HP would be put in the sketchy class. Thanks.

recappers delight profile image87

recappers delight says

• MarleneB profile image

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) 4 years ago

Interesting insight. It is good to be affiliated with a company that is ranked so high. That probably has a little to do with the writers. Right? Thanks so much for your answer.

sparkster profile image93

Marc Hubs (sparkster) says

• MarleneB profile image

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) 4 years ago

Thanks. I'm starting to see some logic. Wikipedia encourages citations and verifications, but it is not a requirement. People can still post to Wiki, but then their post would have a notice regarding the absence of citations.

heidithorne profile image93

Heidi Thorne (heidithorne) says

Faith Reaper profile image87

Faith Reaper says

• MarleneB profile image

Marlene Bertrand (MarleneB) 4 years ago

The comment, putting HP in the same boat with biggies like Wikipedia and eHow is what has me wondering why. I don't consider Wikipedia and eHow to be sketchy. And, I certainly don't consider HP to be sketchy. So, I wonder what the basis is.