Sue Bailey profile image 85

Has anyone else had ads disabled recently for pictures of breastfeeding?

Really annoyed. This was one of my highest earning hubs and has been published for 4 years. I moved a few things around on it the other day and now ads are disabled. I have asked for a reconsideration but am told that the content is too sensitive due to images of bare breasts for ads to appear. Those breasts have a baby attached to them! They have never been a problem before. I note there are many other published hubs with similar pictures which still have ads enabled.

Best Answer junkseller says

• Sue Bailey profile image

Susan Bailey (Sue Bailey) 4 years ago

Thanks I agree with you.

Paul Edmondson profile image91

Paul Edmondson says

• Sue Bailey profile image

Susan Bailey (Sue Bailey) 4 years ago

Thanks for that Paul. One of my main gripes is that if my ads are disabled then in the interest of fairness, so should all the others that display images of breastfeeding - and there are a lot. I look forward to hearing the outcome.

TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93

TIMETRAVELER2 says

• Sue Bailey profile image

Susan Bailey (Sue Bailey) 4 years ago

I can't see how the word breast in the context of breastfeeding or breast cancer could offend. I wonder if the word mammary offends in the same way? Maybe you could rehash your article to read mammary cancer rather than breast cancer?

jellohello says

• Sue Bailey profile image

Susan Bailey (Sue Bailey) 4 years ago

I did appeal to HP and was told that Google did not like images of bare breasts. I have now reluctantly taken off the good illustrative images of mothers breastfeeding their babies and replaced them with less 'graphic' ones. The ads reappeared immed

canadu profile image61

canadu says

• Sue Bailey profile image

Susan Bailey (Sue Bailey) 4 years ago

That is true. I am a little annoyed though that there are many hubs which are still running ads and contain the exact same images as I used (stock photos).