healthylife2 profile image 95

Copied Hubs

Is it a good idea to contact the author first or immediately file a DMCA complaint when copied material is discovered? I'm finding it a challenge to keep up with this aspect. Thanks in advance for your help!

LuisEGonzalez profile image81

Best Answer Luis E Gonzalez (LuisEGonzalez) says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

I found the copies by putting a section in quotes. I think I received that helpful advice from another hubber. Thanks for answering LuisEGonzalez and I hope you eventually have success removing the copied articles.

TheKatsMeow profile image86

TheKatsMeow says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

It's on a site where they make money from ads and you are right that they should know and probably do that stealing from others is wrong. I asked nicely and it is still there so will be forced to file a DMCA. I might as well learn the process.

sangre profile image88

Sp Greaney (sangre) says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 3 years ago

I contacted both people first but they haven't removed it yet. This issue seems to happen with everyone at some point here. It was my first time in almost two years.

Janelle Coulton profile image60

Janelle Coulton says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

It's a similar site to HP so I will contact the site since contacting the author was not effective at all. I agree the site can't keep up with it and we have to protect our own work. Time for the DMAC!

Becky Katz profile image88

Becky Katz says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

I attempted to contact the author and the blog is still there so I will now file a DMCA. You are absolutely right Becky and in the future will probably file immediately. Thanks for answering.

Barbara Kay profile image85

Barbara Kay Badder (Barbara Kay) says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

II agree Barbara Kay that some people must be unaware that you can't copy other articles. One person I contacted removed the article. I recently contacted someone else and didn't receive a response and the article is still there so will have to file.

Jlbowden profile image82

James Bowden (Jlbowden) says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

Sounds like attempting to resolve it amicably first is worth a try. If unsuccessful I will file a DMAC...hope it is easy to do. Thanks for answering Jbowden!

Gareth Pritchard profile image70

Gareth Pritchard says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

It is time consuming and a hassle to track down copied articles and then act on it. Hope you get your article removed from blogger. Thanks for answering and sharing your experience Gareth!

gags3480 profile image41

GAGANPREET SINGH BHATIA (gags3480) says

• healthylife2 profile image

Healthy Life (healthylife2) 4 years ago

Once I learn the process it probably is the best way to go. This isn't the first time this has happened and probably won't be the last. thanks for answering gags3480!