Misfit Chick profile image 72

Why do Hub writers not appreciate literary critique to improve their craft?

I wrote a suggestion in the forum yesterday about adding the ability to include MINOR feedback to authors while rating articles in the Hub Hopper. I know peeps can get rude with critiques - but I think that can be minimized. This is a place for WRITERS - we could learn AND improve via constructive critiques. Do we not want Hubpages to have QUALITY content - or is it really Okay with everyone that so many Hubs are seriously sad? Honestly, if you're THAT sensitive about YOUR writing - I don't think you're really in the craft. You must be here for other reasons (that may not be working for you).

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

Love your idea of a "critique forum" or group on HP! I hope HP does that as I see many new writers who could desperately use instruction on some of the basics and may simply not know that their good content is dumbed down by bad grammar and spelling.

Georgie Lowery profile image98

Georgianna Lowery (Georgie Lowery) says

StitchTheDamned profile image76

StitchTheDamned says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

"Real" writers must learn to take constructive criticism well or else they'll perish in this field, plain and simple. They need thick skin. The criticism does need to be CONSTRUCTIVE and tactful, however. :-)

Lisa HW profile image80

Lisa HW says

• Laura Schneider profile image

Laura Schneider 4 years ago

I've been a full-time writer/editor for 20 years, and I confess I've been known to shoot an occasional email off to someone with a typo or OBVIOUS error in their Hub title... I don't think that's presumptuous for us to do: we all make mistakes.