soulfully profile image 80

Why has Google punished me and praised a thief?

I published a hubpage on the 27th (4 days ago) and it wasn't long before it was visible in Google search. Two days later the content was copied (minus two video's) and pasted on a spam site with a link to my hub profile. My hub has since disappeared from Google altogether. The webpage on the site that stole my content is now in the exact place where my hub was in Google search results, taking all the credit for my work. Why has Google decided to give the boot to my hubpage, and not the thief? I'm fuming!

Susana S profile image92

Best Answer Susana S says

ocbill profile image75

ocbill says

• soulfully profile image

soulfully 4 years ago

I know, with all the resent updates from Google you'd think they would now have a way of dealing with these irritating people.

Vlorsutes profile image91

Vlorsutes says

• soulfully profile image

soulfully 4 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind in future for sites that are more reluctant to remove my written work.

soulfully profile image80

soulfully says

• Susana S profile image

Susana S 4 years ago

In this kind of situation, hubbers would normally post a thread in the forum so that more people get to see it and can therefore take action :)

Williamkosko profile image79

William Joseph Kosko (Williamkosko) says

• soulfully profile image

soulfully 4 years ago

They took my article down after I complained. The thing is, though, the site is full of copied hub pages. I never noticed until tonight when I had a look through the rest of the content on the site.

chrisinhawaii says

• Susana S profile image

Susana S 4 years ago

You can lose YOUR adsense account by click bombing someone else. What's the point in that?