Wasteless Project profile image 92

What do you think about hubpages' ad policy?

How do you feel about hubpages' practice to disable ads on good quality hubs, if the topic is deemed unsuitable? Isn't that putting a moral control on us authors that could be destructive over the long-term? For example female health issues can hardly been addressed without getting banned from the ads program - that inevitably leads to hub authors avoiding sensitive topics like this. So ad-makers are having a major influence on the information we are exposed to - or in worst case - denied. How do you feel about this issue?

ananceleste profile image81

Anan Celeste (ananceleste) says

• Wasteless Project profile image

Wasteless Project 3 years ago

Thanks for sharing ananceleste. I had no idea that successful hubbers were actually leaving hubpages. I like the maintanace free concept of HP vs my own blog, which needs constant attention... but I guess in the long run your own blog will earn more.

Susana S profile image89

Susana S says

• Wasteless Project profile image

Wasteless Project 3 years ago

Yes, maybe I should have rather asked 'What do you think about Google's Ad Policies'. The objective of the question is mainly to get a bigger picture of the overall athmosphere amongst hub authors when it comes to freedom of speech versus Google Ads.