Sadika Alloush profile image 77

Hi everyone, i am a bit confused. Where does the 5 dollars for every 1000 views come from?

Hi everyone. I'm a bit confused. So I have read that for every 1000 views you can get about 3 to 5 dollars. But take for example Mary Audet she was making 3800 per month according to hubpages and has more than 1 million hits. 1 million hits only equates to about five thousand dollars. How is that possible is she was making 3800 a month. I understand that there are other programs she could have been involved in. I am just confused can it really be around five dollars per 1000 views. That doesn't seem much.

• Susana S profile image

Susana S 4 years ago

It depends a lot on what you write about and how commercial the topics are. E.g. An advertiser might pay 2 cents for a click to a website about dreams and $10 for a click to a website that sells mortgages.

Susana S profile image93

Susana S says

• Sadika Alloush profile image

Sadika Alloush 4 years ago

Thank you Susana S for taking the time to answer.

Casimiro 4 years ago

But the question isn't about an individual hub, but about the average over many hubs. For every hub that is stellar at bringing in traffic, there are often two that don't do so well.

jaydene profile image73

jaydene says

Casimiro says

• Sadika Alloush profile image

Sadika Alloush 4 years ago

Thank you Casmiro, yes I did but it always was at one point on the front page of hubpages.