Cantuhearmescream profile image 81

If you don't like someone's hub are you apt to let them know?

Whether it's a hubber you're following or a hub you randomly came across and you don't like it, but there is nothing offensive about the hub; are you compelled to tell the hubber that you don't like the hub or even more so, specifically comment on what you don't like about it? OR, do you click away and say nothing?

SoundNFury profile image83

Michael Valencia (SoundNFury) says

Yes, I grew up with that same philosophy from my mother telling us that very thing all the time, so I apply it in life too.

Faith Reaper profile image90

Faith Reaper says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

I agree, completely. I just saw somebody leave a rude (in my opinion) comment on the page of someone who I happen to like and I was compelled to put my two cents in, but I know it's not my place and she handled it graciously herself... but more or le

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

What a fabulous answer! I agree, if we don't care for a hub we can simply change the channel. I just saw a 'higher up' call someone out on a hub and though the 'victim' handled it gracefully; I very much wanted to add my 2-cents. Rude=Unnecessary!

MizBejabbers says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

That's an excellent answer and yes, my family/friends despise that I am always 'correcting them', though I try to refrain, here. I've seen rude remarks made on 'regular' hubs and I think the point may be valid, but the approach stinks!

I agree totally, that this is best manner in which to handle it.

chef-de-jour profile image96

Andrew Spacey (chef-de-jour) says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

I appreciate that strategy and yes, I think typos, grammatical errors or friendly suggestions are fine. Debate or simply rude remarks on a non-offensive hub I think is just out of line. In the right place and time; controversy or debate can be fun :D

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Well that certainly is an answer! I understand what you're saying. We all have our theories and reasoning. I guess my thoughts are; if you have something 'not so positive to say' say it in the most possibly positive way. I've seen some people be rude

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

Yes, but see Eric, you're a gentlemen and you mustn't have come off offensive. Also, if you found it that important to mention, I'll assume it was in need of mentioning :D

I just saw this happen to someone else and I had to refrain from speaking up!

LoisRyan13903 profile image83

Lois Ryan (LoisRyan13903) says

adragast profile image74

adragast says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

I absolutely understand your point and to be honest, I'm all for 'constructive' criticism on my hubs. I think it's all a matter of 'how' you say it, rather than 'what' you say. Good point and thank you!

Motown2Chitown says

• Cantuhearmescream profile image

Cat (Cantuhearmescream) 4 years ago

I think there's a big difference between healthy debating over a hub topic and just simply leaving a rude comment. I have to admit... I'm a little afraid to hit that down button... I usually just push the back arrow instead :D