JayeWisdom profile image 93

Why doesn't HP allows writers to downsize a photo or clip art any more?

I just changed an image on one of my hubs (both clip art) only to discover I can no longer downsize an image so that it's not too big--both for aesthetic reasons and to ensure it's not fuzzy. HP will complain if an image isn't the highest resolution, yet they've just forced me to place an image that's much too large for the hub and for its purpose! Damned if you do...damned if you don't! That seems to be the HP mantra these days. Anyone else having a problem with this issue?

Best Answer The Examiner-1 says

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 3 years ago

That's what I was doing until today. The "half-width" and "quarter-width" options were no longer there, so I had no choice but to leave a full-size image until I reorganized the columns. When I moved it to the side, it became smaller. Thanks!

JayeWisdom profile image93

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) says

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 3 years ago

I should mention that I'm very technically-challenged, so if there's a way to reduce the size of an image found online or one of my own to avoid pixilation, I don't know how to do it.

Doodlehead profile image82

Doodlehead says

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 3 years ago

Did you try it today, and was it with a new hub or when editing a hub? I edited a hub and removed an image. Ordinarily, when I remove one and choose another to replace it, the HP editing tool offers 3 sizes: full, half and quarter. Not today.