How does one know whether a comment left is spam related or not, other than the obvious?

Other than the obvious, when one goes to a hubber's profile page, one can tell if it is solely spam; however, if it is not obvious, how does one know? When HP asks one to decide if a comment left is spam or not, how does one really tell? Going to the person's profile page and they happen to have recently joined HP and have no hubs at the moment, should one approve a comment by that hubber? If one does approve a comment and it is truly spam, how does it harm one's hubs, if at all? Thanks for answering

Rosemay50 profile image82

Best Answer Rosemary Sadler (Rosemay50) says

Thanks so much Rosemary. Oh, that actually helps a lot. Never thought about the active commenting, but that makes sense, as far as the hubbers that are well known. Yes, good advice on the activity too.

CraftytotheCore profile image97

CraftytotheCore says

Thanks so much CraftytotheCore! Yes, that has been my experience as well. I recently approved one too, as I saw they had a couple of well-written hubs, but then went back and they were banned? I do not understand it when it is a long-time hubber?

Pamela N Red profile image91

Pamela N Red says

Hi Pamela N Red, yes, I have found that to be true too. Yes, I love getting comments as feedback, and I have been blessed to receive many on hubs.

The Frog Prince profile image80

The Frog Prince says

• Ericdierker profile image

Eric Dierker (Ericdierker) 3 years ago

Yea and if it looks too generic like one size fits all. "great article, very interesting for another great article look at this ::::"

Hendrika profile image74

Hendrika says

Hi Hendrika, Thank you for answering here. Yes, that is pretty much what I do, if that intuition kicks in, then that is a good sign that there may be something not right about it for sure.