JayeWisdom profile image 93

When the title of a hub is edited, can its original URL be changed to match?

I changed the title of an older hub to more accurately portray the contents, yet the URL is still the same original one that does not give a clue to what the hub's really about. If there is a tutorial about this (which I haven't found), will someone please direct me to it? If not, and you know how to accomplish this change, please tell me (simply, since I am technically challenged). Thanks!

Best Answer The Examiner-1 says

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 3 years ago

I was afraid it would require deleting and republishing the hub entirely (which I don't think should be necessary). It's too much trouble to do, at least at the present time. Thanks for your response.

HubPages Team...can't you change this?

DrMark1961 profile image100

Dr Mark (DrMark1961) says

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 3 years ago

Thanks, Dr.Mark - That's a good idea for future hubs. Jaye

billybuc profile image90

Bill Holland (billybuc) says

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 3 years ago

Gee...that was what I was afraid of, and I'm not happy about it. Thanks for the response, Bill.

• JayeWisdom profile image

Jaye Denman (JayeWisdom) 3 years ago

This has made me resolve to be a lot more careful in selecting my original title, which will become the permanent URL for a hub. Thanks for your response.