Jackie Lynnley profile image 83

I saw a groundhog going for a drink of water. Does that mean there will be an early spring?

When it saw me it ran back into its hole which it was far from. But if I hadn't came along I am sure it would have had a nice leisurely afternoon and it probably did once I left. The temperature was around 60 but has since fallen about 30 degrees but does that matter in the science of the groundhog and his hole? You think I am looking at an early spring from groundhog radar?

Bob Bamberg profile image91

Bob Bamberg says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Didn't know they came out of hibernation for a drink but I can tell you as much as it has rained here lately all he had to do was stick his tongue out that hole, bet that was the first day it hadn't rained in a week! lol But maybe so!

MizBejabbers says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Yes, that could be, I will notice for them in a couple weeks, would love to get picture of them all!

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Thank you Eric, that is such a nice thing to say. I suppose you are right. He had a nice day out and now he is holed up again! lol

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Ah well I forgot to mention I saw the Magnolias fuzzy bud too! But that could mean it will get killed, yet somehow they always come back.