T-X-2 profile image 79

Which Hub accounts are the best? Those with one subject or those with a variety of topics?

I was just wondering if it would be better to focus on one subject or to write about a lot of different topics. Does it make a difference to Google if our hub domains aren't devoted to one specific niche?

Everyday Miracles profile image91

Best Answer Becki Rizzuti (Everyday Miracles) says

• T-X-2 profile image

Tammy (T-X-2) 3 years ago

You have really started me thinking. I am going to do what you have done and focus on one topic in a new account. I will keep this account for other article ideas. This is just what I needed to read. Thank you so much.

Beth Eaglescliffe profile image94

Beth Eaglescliffe says

• T-X-2 profile image

Tammy (T-X-2) 3 years ago

These are great answers. I agree that Google shouldn't penalize a person for writing on different topics, but I've wondered if that might be the case on my personal website. Thanks for the response, Beth.

Robbie C Wilson says

• T-X-2 profile image

Tammy (T-X-2) 3 years ago

I have thought having hubs on similar subjects would be a good way to gain more readers. I joined HubPages a couple of years ago, but I've only recently started writing here. I'm trying to learn the best way to go. Thanks, Robbie.

DrMark1961 profile image93

Dr Mark (DrMark1961) says

• T-X-2 profile image

Tammy (T-X-2) 3 years ago

I only have a handful of hubs so far, but there are a couple that aren't doing so well. I might do as you've done and either delete them or try to make them better. It's a lot to learn.

cecileportilla profile image81

Cecile Portilla (cecileportilla) says

• T-X-2 profile image

Tammy (T-X-2) 3 years ago

Thanks, Cecile. I also think it's important to focus on areas where we are the most comfortable. Everyday Miracles mentioned some things I am hoping to try very soon. I hope you find what is best for you, too. It's great to have this support system.

Tolovaj profile image82

Tolovaj says

• T-X-2 profile image

Tammy (T-X-2) 3 years ago

I need to work on my keywords more. I have been thinking that as well, that search engines give authority on subjects we write about the most, and not to the ones we don't write about as much. Thank you for responding, Tolovaj.