Jackie Lynnley profile image 74

Aren't parent doing a real injustice to their children when they spoil them?

Many parents seem to be set on buying their child's love and never expecting anything from them. A dear friend of mine raised her daughter this was and never made her raise a hand to help with anything and the girl could do nothing; not even dishes! A few years ago this dear sweet friend got cancer and took a year dying and this daughter just walked out and let others care for her mother because she just couldn't do it. It was really this woman's fault I think as bad as I hate to say it for she was such a wonderful person but if we raise our children that way it is all we can expect; agree?

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Thank you Eric and I believe in rewarding children for good things; that teaches life I think.

freeradicalsteve profile image88

freeradicalsteve says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

I have never given thought to spoiled boys; I imagine that could have a bad effect all round come to think of it; maybe a bit worse than women since more women in general are more spoiled than men down through the ages with not as much thought.

OldRoses profile image87

Caren White (OldRoses) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

That does not surprise me and the worst thing is that many get by with being so lazy at work and everyone else has to pick up their slack!

WritingInRichmond profile image60

WritingInRichmond says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

As I read this another spoiled child came to mind that was maybe worse than my friend's daughter. I would say it would take a real miracle to not cause really bad results.

Thx

Sparklea profile image76

Sparklea says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Thanks Sparklea; you have certainly brought out some very good points and I have seen them all. It is very hard to try to bring up a child today in the right way because it is expected all have rights to everything.

Sky321 profile image33

Sky321 says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

It really does and the saying this hurts me more than it does you can be a very true saying!

wordswithlove profile image80

Neetu M (wordswithlove) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

That is so true; and it is hard enough when we raise them right!

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Yes; this mother witnessed her daughter's ways when all in life didn't go her way and she was not an admirable person to say the least. I don't know that my friend ever saw the reason for it; we never discussed it.