Jackie Lynnley profile image 92

How soon do you take kittens to the vet for shot and whatever?

My last cat lived almost 20 years so I have really forgotten how soon they can be taken for shot for all they need. Will it hurt them to get shots too young? One of the two I have now was the runt and I had to bottle feed for almost three weeks so I am guessing the are 5 to 6 weeks old but the runt does not look more than 3 weeks old (it looks just like the one in the photo!) but they both are healthy and playful and eat like pigs when they finally slow down to eat. Any advice welcome. Thanks!

Bob Bamberg profile image96

Bob Bamberg says

OldRoses profile image96

Caren White (OldRoses) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

I just recall I have had puppies and kittens die after shots but that was years ago and then a vet said they gave too much meds for weight size so I don't want that to happen.

btrbell profile image91

Randi Benlulu (btrbell) says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Spayed & neutered? Oh no! lol I will let the female have one litter of kittens for I always heard it helped prevent cats and dogs from getting tumors or cancer & I don't know but my last cat never had any problems like that even living so lon

Becky Katz profile image83

Becky Katz says

Sparklea profile image75

Sparklea says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Yes I plan to call the vet Monday and see if I can bring them in. I would hate anything to happen to them. Thanks!

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 3 years ago

Yeah the runt still sucks its food eve from the bowl lol and I would sure hate to have them over medicate it. I have been through a lot the last 3+ weeks keeping that little bugger alive!