Venkatachari M profile image 59

What are the algorithms for giving accolades on hubpages?

I have come across a hubber with only 3 hubs in his one year membership here and getting the accolade of "his hubs start great discussions in the comments". I, by chance, happened to visit his account as his topics were on social issues. I went through one hub and, even though the sentences were not clear, had good content. So, I thought of commenting and to my surprise, all the 9 comments on his hub were his own. So, I stopped commenting and went through the other two hubs. Those hubs also contained only his comments. How can it be possible? And he earned the accolade by his own comments.

Sara Jofre profile image76

Sarah (Sara Jofre) says

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 3 years ago

I also doubt it runs on automatic program. But you can not leave it like that. These kinds of practices should be stopped at the beginning itself by preventing the publish of such comments. Saying there is no harm is not the solution.

• Venkatachari M profile image

Venkatachari M 3 years ago

Yes, there are some glitches like this which need to be set right by hubpages staff and mechanism. There needs to be some tool to detect this kind of self commenting which may be solely aimed at increasing views and traffic through malpractices.