Jackie Lynnley profile image 76

Did you know camera batteries and coins together cause extreme heat?


I was shopping today and stuck my hand in my pockets and fingers on my left hand got burnt. I have a little nerve problems in my fingers and hands so my first thought was this is another symptom and stuck my hands back in and the left one touched coins in my pocket that felt on fire. I was starting to get scared; could this be like spontaneous combustion? be. It was getting hotter by the minute so I knew I need to dump my pockets if not take my pants off so I rushed to the bathroom to dump my pockets and when I did I found my camera batteries with coins, all red hot. What caused this?

 

sort by best latest

AlexK2009 profile image88

Best Answer AlexK2009 says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

2 years ago
 |  Comment
  • Jackie Lynnley profile image

    Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

    Well that does explain it! Thank you. I hope the batteries are still good and I will never forget this experience for sure!

Rochelle Frank profile image88

Rochelle Frank says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

2 years ago
 |  Comment
  • Jackie Lynnley profile image

    Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

    I think I came close to a fire in my pocket! lol

Becky Katz profile image85

Becky Katz says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

2 years ago
 |  Comment
  • Jackie Lynnley profile image

    Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

    I just had the batteries extra in case I needed them and forgot all about having change in my pocket but even then I would have never had a clue it would do that! Quite a shock. I will not forget from now on.

ShyeAnne profile image83

ShyeAnne says

You can help the HubPages community highlight top quality content by ranking this answer up or down.

2 years ago
 |  Comment
  • Jackie Lynnley profile image

    Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

    So true; I don't know what would eventually happen but mine kept getting hotter and hotter so it would have had to have burned through at the rate it was going.