Jackie Lynnley profile image 77

Do you think handshakes are more a thing of the past and dying out?

I sense such hesitation in handshakes today. Do you think it might be germ related or people are not sure whether it is the thing to do or what? I believe it is etiquette is it not for the lady to initiate the handshake, not the man; so could that too come into the hesitation?

Bob Bamberg profile image93

Bob Bamberg says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

No and you and/or were a businessman so it would play a bigger part in your life because of that I think. Most of my business has been with women and I just don't think we feel the necessity for it.

MizBejabbers says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Oh yes, MizB; those germs and especially if you saw that person cough into that hand! It gives me the willies just thinking about it! I have never refused a shake but I discourage it all that I can!

rainsanmartin profile image91

Rain San Martin (rainsanmartin) says

Rhonda Lytle profile image87

Rhonda Lytle says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

I rarely see women shake hands and that is even in the business women I meet. Perhaps they shake with men more often.

Stephanie Henkel profile image99

Stephanie Henkel says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

lol; agree with you there Stephanie; and I really like to decide the handshake although I will never refuse one.

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

I guess so; but I am more of a hey kinda person too.

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

Interesting thought Tim...a man hug. Could be!

retief2000 says

• Jackie Lynnley profile image

Jackie Lynnley 2 years ago

I can see it shouldn't be abandoned but it is not for everyone. I do think it may be more for men.

daydreamer13 profile image59

daydreamer13 says